what type of fins do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omer full foot pockets left from a pair of the ice fins (baldes broke) paired with AB Biller black blades.

Mares Plana Avante Tre (FF). Highly rated and capable fins for freediving to 60 feet or less. Strong suits are thrust and easy kicking combined with superb maneuverability around rocks, reefs and for setting up hole shots. They will accept the Mercury weight set which requires a couple holes be drilled.

Sometimes, I still use the Sporasub long fins. I bought them from Biller about ten years ago. I had been using long fins since 1982, my first set being Cressi rubber types. I haven't kept up with the technology of long fins and there has been a lot of development going on. I know that most of them are too stiff, too awkward (SCUBA) or just fall apart. Somewhere out there is probably a really superior long fin but I don't have the facts, sorry. I do know that, a couple years ago, a Variant (?) fin received about the lowest score I've ever seen from Scubalab.

Mares Plana Quattro Avanti, got a new pair in stock in case current Quattros break, 100 dives later, the Quattros are going strong and no signs of failing in the near future.:crafty: :crafty: :crafty: :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom