What we did on The Aqua Cat this week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all! Drew here. This week I was working on The Aqua Cat out of Nassau. The trip started just like any other trip by us greeting passengers at 6 pm. We then settled into a fine dinner followed by a safety orientation by Captain Ron. After that, the passengers settled into their cabins while we made sure everyone was all right.

We departed Nassau bright and early at 5:45 am Sunday morning so as to make it to The Exumas by 9 to start diving. And away they went. After dive number one, we headed over to Allen's Cay to see the lizards and then back to diving we went. We did 5 dives Sunday and then went to anchor in The Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park.

The weather started to kick up Monday so went to The Park for a tour early Monday morning then we embarked on a bumpy ride over to Eleuthera to find calmer waters. And calmer they were. We hit the walls and Jake's Hole and then Capt. Ron pulled a fast one on us and we headed to Little San Sal.

Wow! Empress Pinnacle right off the bat! You cannot beat that! And beautiful weather at the same time! I do not know how he does it folks, but he always gets it right. We dove there all day Wednesday and went to Trigger Beach while they were not diving or fishing or kayaking.

Early Thursday morning we departed on a journey back to The Exumas Land and Sea Park. Why go back you might ask? We had some SHARKS to feed. And they were hungry too! I jumped and they circled me to let me know how happy they were to se me. We did the feed and it was awesome. They are so graceful when they move. I can see why people want to see them all the time.

Look at that, it is Thursday night! You kow what that means! Captain's Dinner. We started the evening with a coctial party on the sun deck. Then we went down and did diner a little bit differently. Normally we the crew would bring the entrees out to you. However, Ron had another idea and we went family dinner style where we passed the dishes around just like when you are at home.

After dinner, it was onward with the slide show presentation followed by the passenger photo competition and weekly awards. You know. things like " The Magellan dinghy rider award "! Stuff like that. After the desert break it was onto my trip video and then back up to the bar.

We woke up Friday morning and dove Dog Rocks wall and headed to The Lost Blue Hole just outside Nassau. We got to the dock in Nassau about 2 pm and went to scrubing and getting ready for the coctail party that night. The passengers came to the coctail party then all went out to dinner and the crew went to The Green Parrot for a nice relaxing beer to end another GREAT trip aboard The Aqua Cat!

Check it out folks. It is the best thing on the water in the live-aboard diving business! Just ask NETDOC! He'll tell ya!

Thanks guys! I am off to vacation and will be back onboard my regular position with Blackbeard's in a week. I will keep you gys posted on Blackbeard's and when
I work on The Cat!

See ya!

Drew

is this Ole Miss Drew? Moved over to the AquaCat huh? I was with you and Capt Ron on the Pirate's Lady last Sept with the Irish boys. (small group, around 8 or 9 I am certain you remember us, we were the best divers and best group ever for sure). Looking forward to seeing you on Blackbeard this summer.
Capt Ron is the best and DM Drew, you are the ultimate. There aint no better than you two and you help to make any trip the best ever. Good to hear from you, good luck and hopefully I will see you this summer. (I tried to attach a picture of the crew and passengers of our trip but cant figure out how. LSU doesnt teach that, should have went to Ole Miss, I guess)

I am only a fill-in for the guys over on The Aqua Cat. I go over there and work when they are short handed. I am still over with Blackbeard's in Freeport. Thank you for the kind words and I hope to see you guys again soon!

drew

And yes, this is Ole Miss Drew!

ya'll southerners are so funny with your pickin' on alumni status! was in the bahamas this weekend and the spring breakers from schools all over are going nuts! wished i was on a liveaboard to get away from the bedlam!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom