what weight do you carry and what weight are you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

193 lbs
AL80
5/4 full jumpsuit
12 lbs - front and back evenly distributed - integrated
in fresh water

Brodie.davis:
wow, how to make me feel like a whale.

In my 7mm/5mm Trident semi dry, I have to wear 14kgs with BCD and 12l Steel Tank.

I am 6'4" and am 86kgs (195islbs),

And that only puts me at slightly negative.
Thats ok Brodie, I started with 14 kg as well. Unfortunately a lot of local Instructors tend to overweight their students to overcome breath retention resulting from nervousness, and or poor breathing techniques, instead of working a little harder.

Also as you progress with your diving you will relax more and drop weight over time. It's a neat idea to regularly log your weight for the dive in your log book and watch the change over time.

Also the Peak Performance Buoyancy class can teach you techniques to help you drop weight as well as give you the tools and tips to improve your buoyancy. Just make sure you get a good instructor for that course as the instructor makes or breaks the Peak Performance Buoancy course.

Azza:
Hi Andy. I dive a membrane drysuit with 300gram undersuit and polyprops. Thats why I need less to sink with my drysuit than my semidry. I used to take 6kg with my 3mm compressed neoprene drysuit.

Much the same as mine - I'll have to try harder to get some air out of the drysuit before diving to see if I can cut a couple of kilos off!

I might even get into my wetsuit for summer diving this year as I am moving back to Auckland at the end of the month and the water is rather warmer up there..
Positively tropical I am told...:D

It was about 19 degC just before I left for holiday - should hopefully be up at around 20-21 degC by the end of the month. Dust the cobwebs of the wetsuit....!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom