What wetsuit to get, and where other than local dive shops???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dunkmastaflex

Registered
Reaction score
I need a wetsuit for cold diving, like 50 coldest.... 70 hottest.... so I am looking for a 6.5mm or 7mm suit... I was thinking of a 2 piece like a farmer john...

Now the problem here, is that I have always been told the fit is critical... So... If I am 5'8" and 160 lbs... I don't see how a medium that fits people as tall as 5'11" could possibly be the best fit for me...

I am thinking I should get a custom fit wetsuit... the problem is my local dive shop wants way way too much...

So... I assume there has to be some place online, reasonabley priced where I can give them my measurements... and they make me a wetsuit...

Whats you thoughts???

Thanks!

Find a local Henderson dealer and see if they have any 7 mil suits, these are very stretchy and comfortable. Might be worth trying before you go custom.

Rachel

Henderson is good. I have a new 7mm GoldCore Combo and it is WARM. I tried on a few suits and ended up getting a mens Henderson and having it altered to fit. Fit is important.

Juls

For diving in 50-70 degree water you need either a 7mm semi-dry or a 7mm FJ (2 piece).

Now here is the thing, I'm 5'8", 156 lb, my 5mm one piece is a Medium and my 7mm FJ is MediumLarge (I couldn't get into a Medium). One the other hand my dry suit is a Medium and it's a tad big on me. Now you see how different the fit could be! You really need to wear to suit to make sure it fits.

You can buy your suit online, sounds like you are either an M or ML. Just get one of each, try both of them on and see which one is a better fit and return the other. Just make sure you read the return policy first). You can look around locally to get the suit altered if need be, but that usually costs alot.

:D

Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm.
It's what i use. Fits like a glove.
I'm 5' 10" 175lbs
At 50 degrees I get cold if not swimming. ie. safety stop.
chilly while swimming but bearable.

by the way I have a large Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm. fits great.

I got the impression everyone likes the Henderson Hyperstretch... the only problem i have is will that suit still have stretch 2 or 3 years down the road, or will it be way too loose?

Also... no places online make a custom suit if you give them measurements? I couldn't find any.

They have a person who does repairs on their rental suits who they hooked me up with and he altered my suit to fit. Its like having a custom suit and it worked out really well. You could check with your LDS and see if someone does similar work in your area. Also there are company's like LiquidFit who make custom suits.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom