What will I be disappointed with a GoPro 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Rocky, I may have gone quite a bit over the top and its nothing personal Interceptor.

The GoPro is a great little camera for me, I was looking into a bigger setup this year but the Black edition will still do me fine for another year I think now that I have had a good play with it. Im always looking and though I have spent plenty on my GoPro setup its still less then I would have on a setup I would likely get if I was to go to the next step underwater. Looking into the high mid range there is so much coming from those cameras but traveling with a big setup would be another issue. My trip to the Philippines will have some issues with weight on little planes and I may end up just buying clothes at my next destination rather then bringing more then a couple days worth seeing as I will have some dive gear and a couple GoPro's plus HDD and all the extras lol.

Size and price are the big holdup's for me and why I am still using a GoPro, with some practice and effort you can get quite good results. They are good enough for me but I am not selling footage to anyone so I only need to shoot things I want to watch and feel ok sharing with others. As I see it atm there is nothing withing a reasonable price range I would really rather be using, gopro's are much less precious at this price but once you using $1000's of dollars worth of gear traveling isnt as much fun or diving if you need to look after gear so expensive in rough conditions. Only thing I have lost so far is a single filter and Blurfix3 in the middle of the scallop beds at Rye in Melbourne if anyone wants it. Only a few square kilometers of ground it could be in, tip for anyone if using a filter holder with a zip shut the zip.

Back
Top Bottom