What would you want in a $2500 regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all electronic functions would be powered via a rechargeable battery in the 1st stage that is powered via a gas turbine (windmill) -- when pressurized and delivering gas, the regulator recharges it's own battery
Supercapacitor instead of a battery. That would make it less failure-prone, and less dangerous in the event of a failure resulting in water intrusion.l

I would want my to be titanium and anodized to rainbow colors
Haha...I see what you did there... :)
1687812586734.png

It better make me pre dive coffee, snack mid dive, and massage after the dive. I wouldn't pay more than 500 for any reg I'd use. I'd look for used that kits are available for and service it myself if and when necessary.

I'd look for used that kits are available for and service it myself if and when necessary.
I found a "used" never been wet , still in the box Mk17 and G260 [what a joke, it is black] Tactical on ebay for $452 AU [ $304 US].
Used it would have been a good buy .
Some people buy stuff and never use it, for whatever reason, used is worth a look as stated in the post above.

This CE 156:

But every bit of it titanium and a Venturi control so maybe really a G250 and if a G250T then a titanium back case with a carbon fiber face plate and titanium bump ring, hard purge button of titanium and air barrel and adjustment knob of titanium. And of course a Mk 10 or Mk 5 of titanium.

Electronic servo operated regulators that have an adaptive, learning algorithm that mimics the human breathing pattern and is predictive of future needs are possible.

When we take a step, we do not think about where the earth is, we know it intrinsically from millions of years of evolution, we know the earth will come up to meet the soles of our shoes, no thought is needed, it just happens. When I breath, air rushes into my lungs, this does not require thought, it just happens. That is predictive, I know it will happen without thought or will and that is what I mean by a predictive breathing machine, it does not need to know or compute, it just does what it does transparently to my breathing patterns and needs.
I was gifted this along with an old school pressure gauge ( round and looks like a compass), I’d consider having it gone through at some point, but I like my Legend reg at the moment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom