Whatever happened to Coral Reef Scuba in Coral Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nrh

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been back in town in half past forever and just tried to look up my old shop on the net. I found a listing for it, but no website and the phone # is disconnected. I was wondering if any of you locals knew how long they'd been gone and who (if anybody) replaced them.

Coral Reef is long gone. There's a new LDS that just opened in May...The Dive Shop. They are on the corner of Riverside and Wiles in the Publix plaza (954) 796-9780. They seem to have real fair prices, and much better (friendlier) service than the alternative LDS which will remain nameless.

Hey Sandbar... Thanks for the head's up. I taught at Coral Reef back in 1990/91 and haven't been back since I left Florida for Texas. We were getting ready to head out that way and I was curious to see if anybody I knew was still around. I guess I've been stuck in Texas way too long! :(

No sweat. I wish I could tell you more, but I never really dealt with that store.

Coral Reef went out of business in '02 or there abouts (on University south of Commercial). Scuba Quest opened at that location, but it only lasted a few months. The location is now a Karate school.

Riverside and Wiles...huh...going to have to check that out. I'll take the shop that shall remain nameless is the one on Riverside and Sample, right????

Sandbar:
Coral Reef is long gone. There's a new LDS that just opened in May...The Dive Shop. They are on the corner of Riverside and Wiles in the Publix plaza (954) 796-9780. They seem to have real fair prices, and much better (friendlier) service than the alternative LDS which will remain nameless.

Thanks for the info. I will check them out.

It's just my opinion Scubaguy, but I like the new shop much better than their neighbor down the road.

I stopped by the new shop this past weekend. They do have great prices on rentals and gear. They carry Aqua Lung and Sea Quest. Just around the corner from me too!

I give my thumbs up!

Wow...gone in '02! Goes to show how long I've been out of town. I imagine everybody I know has scattered to the four winds and then some by now. Thanks again for the info.

I haven't been back in town in half past forever and just tried to look up my old shop on the net. I found a listing for it, but no website and the phone # is disconnected. I was wondering if any of you locals knew how long they'd been gone and who (if anybody) replaced them.
I’m looking for an instructor named Hugh that worked out of there. Do you know this man?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom