Question What’s going on with Deep 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Doctor Rig

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Several years ago, Deep 6, had a strong presence and brand support on SB. I’ve got one of their regs and other products, which I’m still very happy with. In 2020, Deep 6 withdrew active participation within SB and since then I’ve seen far fewer communications and product promotions from Deep 6.

Does anyone know what is going on with Deep 6? Just wondering.

Solution
Hey folks, Chris here.

To clear up a couple things.

I am still a shareholder at Deep 6, that isn't changing. In another few weeks my family and I are headed off to travel and do some adventures. My daughter is 15 and we have decided it's time. We will be diving, doing some school (kid and me, I have a couple classes and a MBA thesis to write), and generally doing a sabbatical.

So, I won't be involved in the day to day stuff. I will still do shareholder meetings, input in strategic direction, and the most fun for me, product development. But, yeah, I will not be a Deep 6 shareholder AND employee, just shareholder.

Regarding why we have been posting less in SB, which is something that has always been important to me. About 3 years...
While I no longer use Deep 6 regulators and I did have some issues with the first stages that I’m guessing are resolved since I don’t hear of these problems here, I may go with them again mainly due to the business model of no middle man and parts availability, a model I feel the whole industry should adopt, 90+% of divers will stick to the LDS model as they do now and will never want to service their own gear.

what I would love to see from Deep 6 is a signature series without the swivel (I know the scribble series exists) or even a nice sealed piston first stage also without swivel :wink:

the second stages are very good.

I use their hoses, have used the computer and have the fins although modified they are decent fins and I use them sometimes I prefer jets for local use, would like to see them in rubber/orange so there would be more weight and some liveliness in the blade for flutter kicks (I know I’m asking for orange jet fins but the longer footbed of the Eddy would be a huge step in the right direction :))

Eddy's are awesome. Now if I could get them in red... ooh boy.

im not trying to stir anything up just trying to get some responses so i know the product i buy has support that's all, not trying to bash many people have said lots of good things about deep 6 regs

Eddy's are awesome. Now if I could get them in red... ooh boy.
You do know that the other brand I literally named and started has red as their color right?

I will beat Landon to death if he ever orders red flippers.

Just saying.

and they are two of the most ethical people in the industry that generally is lacking in that department. They make strong efforts to provide a quality product, quality customer service to ensure their customers enjoy their product for many years.
^^^^ This

Likewise, @wetb4igetinthewater. Over the years, I've used gear from all the major manufacturers. There's lots of good gear out there. I'm using Deep6 because, a) it's quality gear, and 2) customer service is amazing. These days, good gear is widely available, customer service...not so much.

And to follow up on my previous post.... I've taken the reg service class from Deep6. I now have a much better grasp on how regs work and are built. Deep6 are as good as anything you can buy these days (and honestly, I like the feel of their breathing better than any of my regs from other manufacturers). You can buy nice regs from many manufacturers; most are 50% more expensive than Deep6.

I just crafted a thoughtful post explaining my positive perception of D6 based on a couple of weeks of collaborative business analysis with Landon. The thoroughness and articulation was on par with policy proposals I used to write for the WH.

Screw that. I retired. The abridged version follows…

Any average joes like me out there go bug hunting in the middle of the night with the owner of ScubaPro?

Yeah, didn’t think so.

If you like D6 stuff, dive it like you mean it and then service it like you mean it.

If that ain’t your bag, buy something else.

The labor of love and traditional American business values at D6 are beyond reproach. If Landon gets something wrong, he’ll own it.

The labor of love and traditional American business values at D6 are beyond reproach. If Landon gets something wrong, he’ll own it.
Thank you, there is a touch of Canadian values as well... :p:

Thank you, there is a touch of Canadian values as well... :p:
Can you describe those Canadian values? Honestly, I've always thought of you guys as "American-light". Kind of like light beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom