What's it worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI Knight

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys long time since I was on here, but I have a line on a nice looking AL80 but I'm pretty sure it's a 6351 Alloy tank as it's a Luxfer with a born on date of 4 80. It was last hydroed in 91 and has a J valve that actually works. The guy who owns it wife works with mine and, get this, his wife brought my wife all his gear that's "laying around in the store room". A few things I'll pick up from him if he wants to sell em booties, hood, compus ditty bag. The wet suits too big for me it's a farmer john XXL and the Dacor rocket and turbo fins I may try them out but I really like the US Divers rockets I found on ebay for $8.64.

I'd consider the tank but given the 6351 issue not sure what it's worth. Any offer would be contingent on it passing hydro for sure. So what do you guys think would be a fair offer?

Take a look in the Tanks, Valves and bands section. This question has been posted there several times. Best I can recall most people tend to give a range between $50 and $80, but take a look just to make sure.

BTW you can take the tank to Koorsens in Lexington for hydro and eddy current etc, etc.

Given the history of 6351, I'd avoid using that tank. Also good luck finding a shop that will fill it. There are too many avail AL80 tanks out there cheap.

Dwight

To me it is worth about $15. That way I could make a few bucks when I recycle it. JP has one and he found that it can be a problem getting it filled while we were in FL last year.

Back
Top Bottom