What's so special about Italian divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm Italian, so please don't jump on me before reading the thread through, please?:wink:

I read someone's advice "go to Sharm el Sheikh, it's full of Italians!"

Although this is true, I really don't see what's so special about them/us.

We are loud, we are chaotic, we tend to disregard rules, we don't care all that much about environment...;-0

And worst, we are desperately machos.

And you want to go diving with people like this?

I started my diving career outside Italy and will continue so, sometimes I feel so ashamed about my countrypeople I usually go to great lengths to find charter boats who cater mainly for Germans, Scandinavians and Japanese, none of those cope well with Mediterraneans, especially with a tank on their backs.

Ok, I know this might be a :boom: , so I'd better get off the :box: before I get kicked out of this board...

What you see may be different than what we (non Italians) see, I personally would call it alive, which I think you call dolce vita and the French call joi de vive.

Don't sell yourself short. I lived in Cagliari for a couple of years and other that the pushing and shoving in queues I don't have even one bad memory, did a lot of diving there too.

Back
Top Bottom