whats the best brand/model of wetsuit. Im contemplating scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fit is the most important aspect when choosing an exposure suit - you can have the Breitling of wetsuits, but if it doesn't fit you, it's useless. Try on any number of different brands and models until you find one that fits, and will minimise water flow through the suit, which robs you of body temperature, which is why you wear the suit in the first place.

Having said that, Henderson's Hyperstretch is worth taking a look at - the material conforms to your body shape providing a better fit than most "off-the-shelf" suits, and they have a good reputation. A custom suit is another alternative.

I have a Scubapro wetsuit and love it BUT it is one of the older styles. My divebuddy got the new version and it seems to tear and show wear faster than mine has. SP has since changed the suit and it is supposed to be more durable, only time will tell. When my dght. certified last year I was able to get her one of the last older style wetsuits. You might want to look around a bit and try different makes Henderson, Bare, Oceanic, Akona all make excellent suits and I forgot Contempro I had one and it was an excellent suit just hated the farmerjohn style.

chuckrt

Henderson makes great suits. The Goldcore suits are warm and dry fast. The Hyperstretch suits seem nice but take a long time to dry.

Matt

I have a SP 5mm "S-Tek". Its well built, warm and looks good. Like Ben said above fit is most important.

Rarely will you go wrong with SP equipment.

WW

tennesseekid wrote...
im contemplating the S-Tek Steamer. How will I know which size to get (3mm,4mm,5mm??)
Depends on where and when you plan to do most of your diving.

If you're a tropical vacation diver, a 3mm is probably the most you'd need.

If you dive temperate waters frequently, you'll need something appropriate for summer and something else appropriate for cooler weather, say a 3mm and 5mm/7mm.

The LDS where I bought most of my equipment tends to push all things scuba pro. However, when it comes to wetsuits they really like the Xcel suits. I have not bought my wetsuit yet but I will be getting one soon. At the top of my list is the Xcel7.6.5 Infinit Suit. The attention to detail is amazing and definitely worth checking out.

I use a Tilos 3/2 in the summer.

My buddy is using one now with a 5mm hood. Seems to work fine. This is in FL, water is around 70 degrees.

They are good suits. They have a platinum liner that makes them easy to get on/off.

Peter

That is my choice.

I dive with this suit in the summer, while adding a hooded vest in the winter. The water here is never less than 15-16 Deg C.

In any case, if you want a good fit you will have to try it on.

Ari :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom