whats your id name mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefraff = riff-raff on the reef? A sobriquet thrust upon me many years ago by a disgruntled non-diver who couldn't empathize with me cluttering up a dock with my gear and myself. She was trying to insult me when she encountered difficulty tottering around the pile of stuff I was loading on a boat and made reference to my being "reefraff." I believe that it was an especially appropriate Freudian slip and I told her I intended to use it again, despite the fact that it came from a stupid cow that didn't know better than not to wear high heels on a floating dock...

alternately, that I need to get a life?

About 8 years ago, I participated along with 3000 other cyclists in the first Boston-New York AIDS Ride, a 300-mile, 3-day cycling fundraising event benefiting AIDS service organizations in Boston and New York. It was an incredible, indelible experience, and one that I repeated for five years.

Not having been on a bike since college, I bought a serious road bike for the first Ride, trained like a demon, and had a blast! Although the Ride isn't a competitive race, I found that I loved going as fast as possible. So as a way to motivate my own training I decided to compete with myself, and I improved on my times (and my fundraising!) each year.

When I got my first computer and needed to come up with a screen name for my ISP e-mail, all the logical variations of my real name (Dennis) were taken. A friend then suggested that I base my screen name on what I loved, and it hit me that, in almost every recreational sport I do, the thing I most love is going fast. (Hence my love for the currents of Cozumel!) So...fast+Den= FastDen! Sorry to disappoint those of who who maybe thought it meant I was easy!
FastDen :rainbow:

In 1987 I bought a brand new 4Runner and it became my weekend vehicle for shore diving the Monterey Bay. I'm a diver and it's a 4Runner... divrnr!!!

p.s. I still have that 4Runner, 238,000 miles and going strong!

Its the UID I often use.
P for Paula (second daughter)
G for Gloria (first daughter)
duncan is my surname.
This way I am surrounded by love.

-DD

At work there are a number of Aussies and Brits who tend to call me 'Bazza' because that's the nickname they use for Barry. I work in Boston so I put the two together.

(Also I couldn't think of anything catchy to go with Woburn.)

:loopy:

My wife, a good friend and I went to a hockey game and I made the mistake of wearing our team's jersey. They started cracking on me calling me "Sticks" and doing things like yelling out, "Is that Sticks, oh my gawd!"

Started out as a one-time joke, but once I took up diving, "Scuba Sticks" became the new nickname.

From Kodiak, loved it there, and would like to move back someday. So anyway that way the name Kodiak

I decided on WisGal because I'm from Wisconsin

Dive Safe and Happy :wave:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom