What's your take on DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vayu:
It's a secret.

Ok... I think it just happens that way sometimes. It is convenient and you can see both gauges. I think it is often a subconscious reaction to the general body position. Glance at the gauges... glance around... glance back and my hands are holding each other. Maybe they are just lonely?
situational awareness, why didn't you say so in the first place, now I get it.

when do you have time to have fun?
I have my gauges too, but don't need them IN MY FACE to tell me my situation. :mrcool:
silly. :wink:

Mat4020:
It looks cool :wink:
well, I've already done the cool thing, time to do the right thing for me. best of luck.:14:

Jeff? your pups? :D

Sorry if I was not clear. We don't have to hold our hands to see the gauges and they do not have to be in visual range at all times. Sometimes the hands will be apart, but sometimes it is comfortable to hold them togethor. As far as gauge placement, like many aspects of the system it has been thought out. One of the main reasons I like to have a depth gauge on my right wrist is so that I can glance at my depth while I am ascending and checking buoyancy.

Before, I had a depth gauge on a console on my left hip. I also used the power inflator/deflator hose as the primary means to vent gas on ascent. This placement by definition means that I could not monitor depth while tweaking buoyancy. These days, I have found it easier to monitor depth on the wrist and keep the left hand free. It may seem redundant to have a depth gauge on the wrist if you already have an electronic bottom timer or a computer. Since I do not use either that is where it goes and my hands can conveniently bring it into the visual field without unclipping anything and without increasing the taskload.

Depth can be really decieving so its good to keep an eye on it... whether it is a gauge or some other clue. Other gauges such as the SPG should not be kept in the face at all times. Most divers have a pretty good idea of their consumption rate and what the SPG will read when they glance at it. Divers who clip this in front of their face may be slightly insecure about their rate of consumption or their ability to cope with an OOA situation.

ok fine, do the washing machine in th Philippine Islands, you might enjoy it!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom