When all is said and done, how much will a good drysuit cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garydemos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It is inevitable that I will add a drysuit to my habit this year. I want to prepare myself for the total cash outlay by the time you add pee valve, hood, who knows what else (undergarments) for the whole shebang. Quality range: on a 1 - 10 scale, 7-8. I like good stuff and am willing to pay for it - just got to get my head wrapped around it first. It would be really helpful though to get an idea of what all the "additional" add-ons will add to the initial cost of the suit. I really don't know enough about drysuits to even know what I need - but that will come. SO, when you buy the suit and then find out all the little extra items that you need to buy to really make it work well, what would be an average total cash outlay?

Thanks, Gary

Here is a little list I put together a while ago.

I recommend speaking with Mike at diverightinscuba he will give you a better idea of the prices.

Whites
Fusion Bullet <Tech> $2050 <1650>
w/ Light Monkey Balanced P-Valve $85
w/ Si Tech Neck Tite Drysuit Neck Seal System $85

Whites Thermal Fusion - Undergarment $400

Whites EVO 3 Boots $120

Whites Traveler Backpack $135

Si Tech Silicone Neck Seals $68

Si Tech Glove Lock Dry Glove System $182

(2) Pullover Rubber Gloves for Dry Glove System $10

Whites Drysuit Patch Kit $35

Whites Quick Draw Boot Lace System $17

Talk to me at Scubafest this weekend. I'll have two types of suits for you to look at and go over all your options. But ballpark figures in the 900 to 1300 for the suit for stock size and then we look at options for p valves, etc.

DUI CF200 NOS with DUI 400g undies $400 from ebay. New latex seals $30. Hood $70 from Otter Bay. Pee valve $25. Viking glove rings free. Got over 200 dives from that suit and only did the seals a few times, and the zipper once.

Currently using a Whites Fusion I bought off this board used for $1,100. Chuck Taylor shoes $20. Halcyon pee valve, $170. Installed Si-Tech Neck Tite system around dive 150 on the suit, when neck seal started failing, for a cost of $60.

Upgraded undies along the way, and am due for another Otter Bay hood.

Wished I owned a DUI TLS350.

Talk to me at Scubafest this weekend. I'll have two types of suits for you to look at and go over all your options. But ballpark figures in the 900 to 1300 for the suit for stock size and then we look at options for p valves, etc.

Jim, are those the Hog Drysuits? Are they Trilam?

I live outside of the US and Europe (south africa) Things here are difficult to quantify and relate to dollars. But I think you can get a top shelf product for around $1500 without extras. This should give you best of breed.

HOG and Edge and they are bi-lam suits. My GF just got the Edge one and I like it so much I may get one when it's time to replace my 5 mil wetsuit. Nice and light and ideal for OW stuff. I use my HOG suit for very cold water and places where I expect to be going against things like the inside of a wreck. That's the HOG in my avatar.

Jim - I will be sure and look you up. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom