When is high season for sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTheGalapagos

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I am wasting so much time just looking up what is peak season for diving with sharks at various locations around the world (articles that spin 'high season' as the time swimmers might get attacked, etc.) that it occurred to me the information might be much easier and more accurate if I posed the question here...to those who operate shark dive tours or dive them

For example, here in the Galapagos, whale shark season for Darwin is June-November. Others are year round, like hammerheads.

Would love to know where / when / which species in your neck of the woods, please.

Lemons are best seen off Jupiter Fl and further south around February. White Sharks can be seen up the Atlantic Coast in the late spring/early summer following the Right Whales. Sandtigers are best seen off Moorhead City S.C. around August. Juvenile Whalesharks can be seen in the Sea of Cortez around December to Janurary. Most trips for White Sharks in Guadalupe Is. are done in the summer months. Tiger Sharks are usually found in the Northern Bahamas from Sept to January.

You can click on the above link for Shark Diver Magazine. They build their expeditions for each type of shark and the time of year and where they tend to be most prevailant.

Carolyn:shark2:

You can click on the above link for Shark Diver Magazine. They build their expeditions for each type of shark and the time of year and where they tend to be most prevailant.

Carolyn:shark2:

I don't see a link for the mag?

Great information. Thanks. I never noticed that link.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom