when to go to Jamaica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mels_2

Reaction score
My husband is driving me insane for 2 reasons.....first reason were/are planning to go to Jamaica for our 10th ann. Plan on diving a good amount of time while there. Our actual anniversary is in November but he is concerned (not saying I'm not) about our 2 kids that need to get back and forth to school. We have babysitting all set (mom lives with us) I say we should book the trip and figure out driving arrangments for school later. We have several people who have said they should be able to do it. He thinks we should go in August now so all we have to do is pack and go since babysitter is all set up.

Is August a good time to go with storm season being in its prime? Or do I have my seasons mixed up? I really want to go on or close to our actual ann. I guess what I'm asking is November or August in Jamaica better for diving and all around conditions? Am I insane for wanting to book a trip and figuring out plans after....knowing full well that everything will work out.

I've always heard the diving in Jamacia "sucked", but I was really surprised that it was pretty decent when we went. (I only dove in Negril though and in June).

If you go in August or very early November, you are in Hurricane season, which Jamacia is right in the middle of. I wouln't worry about a storm happening though as you just have to go and chance it. But if I went during the prime part of hurricane season, then I would definately buy trip insurance. August and early November is definately a time I'd buy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom