What dive sites should I visit in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

San Pedro dive sites are close by. Placencia are a fair ride out.
I'm staying in Placencia for 3 nights and San Pedro for 6. I was wondering which dive sites I should visit when I'm in Placencia & which ones while in San Pedro.

I'm staying in Placencia for 3 nights and San Pedro for 6. I was wondering which dive sites I should visit when I'm in Placencia & which ones while in San Pedro.
My favourite sites out of San Pedro, all cost extra.

Unfortunately you choose the worst two locations to experience the best of Belizean diving. Placencia is a long boat ride to a reef and San Pedro Sula is overrun with tourists and cruise shippers. Head to the southern atolls for the best diving and to experience unspoiled Belize as it used to be - Turneffe Atoll, Blackbird Caye, Glovers Reef and Lighthouse Reef are the best imho

Placencia, being more remote, gets my vote for the place to go in Belize. Don't know where you will be staying, but south from Cayos Zapodillos to north up to Ranguana are my favorites. Blue Hole is overrated considering it's distance and added cost from a San Pedro base.

I very much enjoy staying in Placencia but the diving is a long boat trip every day. If you want a base to do little diving and a little touring, then it's perfect.

The best diving in Belize, is indeed out at the Atolls.

Unfortunately you choose the worst two locations to experience the best of Belizean diving. Placencia is a long boat ride to a reef and San Pedro Sula is overrun with tourists and cruise shippers. Head to the southern atolls for the best diving and to experience unspoiled Belize as it used to be - Turneffe Atoll, Blackbird Caye, Glovers Reef and Lighthouse Reef are the best imho
San Pedro Sula is in Honduras. I'm going to interpret you to mean, San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, Belize.

I agree that the best diving is out at the Atolls. In the absence of staying out at the Atolls, one can do an enjoyable day trip or two out to the Atolls from San Pedro.

San Pedro Sula is in Honduras. I'm going to interpret you to mean, San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, Belize.

I agree that the best diving is out at the Atolls. In the absence of staying out at the Atolls, one can do an enjoyable day trip or two out to the Atolls from San Pedro.
oops, yes I meant San Pedro. I lived there 30 years ago, think I would remember .. getting old.

Back
Top Bottom