When will the Sony HDR-HC7 be available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anyone know when this will be available? Also, will one of the current housings work with this camcorder?

I've heard dates between February 12th and March 5th. Anyone else hear different? I hate it when a manufacturer discontinues an existing model (HC1 and HC3) and then waits 45-60 days to release its replacements (HC5 and HC7).

I bought the HC3 and a gates housing,then it got discontinued before it ever arrived at my house. It is here now and obsolite at the same time.

Crewboat... not to worry. You will "always" shoot with "obsolete" equipment given the way technology advances. Your HC3 will be fine. I'm pretty sure the HC5 and HC7 have very similar form factors to the HC3, so they may work in your Gates housing. One good reason to look for a non-dedicated housing (mine has accommodated every Sony video I've owned from Hi-8 to HD).

drbill:
Crewboat... not to worry. You will "always" shoot with "obsolete" equipment given the way technology advances. Your HC3 will be fine. I'm pretty sure the HC5 and HC7 have very similar form factors to the HC3, so they may work in your Gates housing. One good reason to look for a non-dedicated housing (mine has accommodated every Sony video I've owned from Hi-8 to HD).
I thought about that but I really liked the Gates. I looked at a picture of the HC7 while I was holding the HC3 it looks close but I am sure with my luck it will be just different enough not to work. Maybe Gates could modify the HC3 housing?????

I would assume they could modify the housing to work with the HC7. Fortunately mine won't need modification, although it won't access all the features like the Gates.

Back
Top Bottom