Where are your fav dive sites on the Andaman Coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cat276330

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,

Im going to be based on Koh Phi Phi for 6 months from Nov til apr/may. I want to get as much diving in as possible whilst out there and will have the freedom to travel around a bit along the Andaman Coast. So for a bit of inspiration what are your favourite dive sites in the area?

Thanks
Cat

North Andaman
Richelieu Rock (only thing wrong with this site is that it can be completely swamped by divers)
Koh Bon
Koh Tachai
Elephant head

South Andaman
Koh Ha (Love this site)
Koh Bida (on a good day, an explosion of fish)
Hin Daeng / Hin Muang (on a bad day, you wonder why you took such a long trip... on a good day, just spectacular)

Where I want to go but haven't had a chance yet
Koh Lipe

Don't need to go back a 2nd time / a bit of a let down
King Cruiser wreck

Hey everyone,

Im going to be based on Koh Phi Phi for 6 months from Nov til apr/may. I want to get as much diving in as possible whilst out there and will have the freedom to travel around a bit along the Andaman Coast. So for a bit of inspiration what are your favourite dive sites in the area?

Thanks
Cat

Hop on the ferry and cruise south to Koh Lipe, where you'll find some absolutely beautiful dive sites:

Stonehenge - my absolute favorite site, the one I would dive every day if I could
Koh Sawang - another stunning site that can top Stonehenge on a really good day

I wrote reviews of these and several other dive sites around Koh Lipe here:
my-divespot.com

I agree with Watboy's top picks of Hin Daeng/Hin Muang and Koh Ha. Richelieu Rock as well but if it was swamped with divers back in 2007 when I went, I can only imagine how many divers there must be these days.

Happy bubbles and say hello if you get down to Koh Lipe!

North Andaman:
Similans--the boulder sites, Elephant Head, Christmas Point, North Point, West of Eden, etc.
Surins--Tachai Pinnacle, Richelieu Rock
Near Khao Lak--Boonsung wreck

South Andaman:
Near Phuket--Shark Point, Anemone Reef, Koh Doc Mai, Marita's Rocks (Racha Noi) and South Tip (Racha Noi).
Near Phi Phi--Bida Islands
Near Lanta--Koh Haa, Hin Daeng
Near Lipe--Stonehenge, 8-mile

I love diving the Bidas for the colours and diversity - there's lots of leopard and black-tipped reef sharks about at the moment too. For teaching tho', I love Koh Ha, and for pure fun and big stuff, Hin Daeng...

OOh, Boonsung wreck. I enjoy it for photography... its got to have one of the highest eel and nudibranch per cubic meter on the planet... anyone know why that is?

North Andaman:
Similans--the boulder sites, Elephant Head, Christmas Point, North Point, West of Eden, etc.
Surins--Tachai Pinnacle, Richelieu Rock
Near Khao Lak--Boonsung wreck

South Andaman:
Near Phuket--Shark Point, Anemone Reef, Koh Doc Mai, Marita's Rocks (Racha Noi) and South Tip (Racha Noi).
Near Phi Phi--Bida Islands
Near Lanta--Koh Haa, Hin Daeng
Near Lipe--Stonehenge, 8-mile

Richelieu Rock, try and go at the end or start of season so not so crowded
Tachai Pinnacle, fantastic
Koh Haa, Cathedral and Chimney
Hin Daeng and Muang can be great or so,so
KOd Doc Mai, if you love the small stuff
Boonsung wreck, amazing
North point Similan my favorite site
Bida's off Phi Phi

Lots of good places, enjoy the diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom