Where can I get free parts for annual service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm considering going to the Caribbean (not sure where yet) for a few months for some dive training. If I decide to stay longer, I may still be there when my reg is due for service. It was purchased in Canada so is eligible for free parts, but from what I've seen on your website, the free parts policy only references where the reg was purchased, not where the service is performed. If I'm in an area where new purchases wouldn't be eligible for the program, would I be able to get free parts there or would I have to pay whatever the dealer is charging everybody else for them?

Last edited:
Our PFL Program offers you free parts for all of the distribution of North America. So if in the Caribbean, and you have your last years receipt of service and proof of ownership, they will honor your service parts.

If the LDS did their due diligence, the shop in the Caribbean should be able to verify your warranty through Dealer Portal on Scubapro website. If not then your warranty is with your LDS, not Scubapro; unless like Harry said "have your last years receipt of service and proof of ownership."

cbrich, I wasn't worried so much that I'd have to go back to the LDS where I bought it in order to get free parts, but more, can I got to any LDS (anywhere) to get free service parts. The description of the PFL program on the website says that original purchase must be in USA or Canada to be eligible for the program, but it does not say whether the annual service must be performed at an LDS in the US or Canada (eg, any shop where a new sale would be eligible for the program) or any Scubapro shop period. Since I can get my free parts in the Caribbean, though, that's cool with me. :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom