Where do I find parts to service UTD BZ-2 & PZ-1 Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tina5269

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All - I have 2 BZ-1 2nd stage regs & 1 PZ-1 1st stage. They are in great shape but I have to get them serviced. WHERE in the world do I find parts for them? I was told that they do have parts available - but I can't find them or find a person who knows where to find them. My regs have been at my LDS for a month now, the parts got ordered, but the guy who owns the UTD parts appears to have fallen off the planet. No one else knows where to get these things.

I was told these are actually a subset of HOG, which is modeled after Scubapro Mark 25, which is made by Duton in Taiwan.
All that info sounds great and leads me to zero. Can anyone help me out please?

Have you checked ebay?

BTW, this is the price you pay for not paying the price of a well know brand. :(

Hi Dave - Yes, I have looked on ebay, without success. They have other things but not regulator service kits. That is why I came on here... I was looking for HELPFUL information.
Regarding the 2nd comment:
1. Your comment isn't helpful at all. You're probably not a stupid person so you probably know this already - however, there is always a chance I may be wrong.
2. If you REALLY must know, I bought this gear about 6 years ago when I was a brand new diver and at that time EVERYTHING was an unknown brand. (Yes, I hadn't even heard of ScubaPro yet.)
I came on here at the advice of a few people I dove with, and guess what? I learned that although the gear may not have super popular, it was a very good brand and built quite to last a long time.

i thought they were from aquatec, just with red caps

you may want to try the palantic AS103 kit, but any dive shop should be able to source the hp seat from trident too and the orings are pretty generic

Hi Dave - Yes, I have looked on ebay, without success. They have other things but not regulator service kits. That is why I came on here... I was looking for HELPFUL information.
Regarding the 2nd comment:
1. Your comment isn't helpful at all. You're probably not a stupid person so you probably know this already - however, there is always a chance I may be wrong.
2. If you REALLY must know, I bought this gear about 6 years ago when I was a brand new diver and at that time EVERYTHING was an unknown brand. (Yes, I hadn't even heard of ScubaPro yet.)
I came on here at the advice of a few people I dove with, and guess what? I learned that although the gear may not have super popular, it was a very good brand and built quite to last a long time.
Nearly everyone starts out completely uninformed about gear choices or even how to determine what is a good choice. The #1 feature that I recommend to people trying to decide what regulator to buy is Serviceability. If your gear can't be serviced by nearly any dive shop, or sent to an authorized service center, then you are going to have regrets. And if you later decide to learn DIY service, availability of parts become paramount.

My suggestion is to keep this original gear for backups, and buy a quality set of used regulators from a trusted seller here on SB.

Nearly everyone starts out completely uninformed about gear choices or even how to determine what is a good choice. The #1 feature that I recommend to people trying to decide what regulator to buy is Serviceability. If your gear can't be serviced by nearly any dive shop, or sent to an authorized service center, then you are going to have regrets. And if you later decide to learn DIY service, availability of parts become paramount.

My suggestion is to keep this original gear for backups, and buy a quality set of used regulators from a trusted seller here on SB.
Thank you. That's more helpful to me and it looks like that is what I'll have to do.

Tina you have a PM

Hi Jim... I have the schematics. I just don't know how to use them.
HOG 2nd stage kits should work for the BZ-2.
As for the PZ-1. The DGX is not the same.
I don't have the BP-2 schematic any longer. Call Divers Supply in Macon, Jacksonville, or Atlanta.
The kits should still be available for the BP-2 and they may be able to get you the schematic and they will have the 2nd stage kits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom