Where can I get water conditions for Catalina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diversion

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Where can I get the water conditions for Catalina. Seems one of the dive ops there used to have a page - I can't find it now.

Thinking of going to Avalon this weekend and would like to know water temp and tides...

Hi Diversion,

I split this question out to its own thread, so that it wouldn't get lost in the July 4th thread.

You'll probably get more answers this way and then we can add the solution to Jim's Great Catalina Island Info Sticky Thread.

It should be a fun weekend if the vis has improved. I'm sure it would be a fun weekend even if the vis hasn't improved!

Dive safe!

Christian

headhunter:
Hi Diversion,

I split this question out to its own thread, so that it wouldn't get lost in the July 4th thread.

You'll probably get more answers this way and then we can add the solution to Jim's Great Catalina Island Info Sticky Thread.

It should be a fun weekend if the vis has improved. I'm sure it would be a fun weekend even if the vis hasn't improved!

Dive safe!

Christian

Thanks Christian!

Water conditions are... wet! Seriously, current conditions are significant surge due to south swell and relatively poor visibility (15') with plankton bloom and thermocline at 40-50' (cold, 52 degrees last weekend). I will try to get in a few dives Friday before heading over to the mainland and will report then if I can.

Thanks all! These links are what I was looking for.

Dive Safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom