Where can we buy Sherwood parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowtie22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know people are servicing their own regs, lets face it, it is not rocket science for most regs, especially Sherwood regs.

All I really need is an exhaust diaphragm but I would like to know where I can get parts for regs at. Where are people getting their kits from? Granted I am good friends with the owner of my LDS but I really don't want to have to ask him for parts.

Just me being a cheap SOB again I guess.... :D

He can still make plenty from parts if he wants if he wants to sell them to you you may get some tips. Whats all this creeping around disease crap.

Yeah true... He would probably sell the parts to me I just hate asking him to do that because I know that it could potentially put him in a tight place if he sold me or anyone else the parts and something crazy happened and someone got injured or killed. Not that I would ever hold someone liable like that but you know others would. So that is the main reason I would rather just find a site on the web or something so I can get my parts....

I'm going to check them out.... I need to get a few other parts for it also some are hard parts that wouldn't be included in a kit....

Fair enough.

Yeah true... He would probably sell the parts to me I just hate asking him to do that because I know that it could potentially put him in a tight place if he sold me or anyone else the parts and something crazy happened and someone got injured or killed. Not that I would ever hold someone liable like that but you know others would. So that is the main reason I would rather just find a site on the web or something so I can get my parts....

The idea that the store selling you parts exposes them to liability just seems like a red herring. What if the store services your regulator and someone gets injured or killed? In that case their liability is presumably greater. At lets face it botched jobs from LDSs are fairly common. Yet they appear willing to accept that greater liability.

I'd just ask your local store if they will sell you parts, and go elsewhere if they will not.

Very true statement there... I agree with you 100% but for some reason that is most likely the reason that the manufacturers won't sell parts and technically they won't allow dealers to sell them to consumers either. Maybe the dealers are worried that if the manufacturers find out that they sold to consumers that they will terminate their contract much like the manufacturers setting the MSRP's and making the LDS sell at that price. That is why most shops won't come down too much in their prices (unless you have been dealing with them for years)....

I still haven't gotten a reply back from North East Supply yet.... I am rather interested in their response...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom