Where can we buy Sherwood parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very true statement there... I agree with you 100% but for some reason that is most likely the reason that the manufacturers won't sell parts and technically they won't allow dealers to sell them to consumers either. Maybe the dealers are worried that if the manufacturers find out that they sold to consumers that they will terminate their contract much like the manufacturers setting the MSRP's and making the LDS sell at that price. That is why most shops won't come down too much in their prices (unless you have been dealing with them for years)....

I still haven't gotten a reply back from North East Supply yet.... I am rather interested in their response...

It is my understanding that, at least with Scubapro, retail parts sales are not restricted in the dealer agreement. Although I also get the impression that the manufacturer does apply informal pressure to restrict such sales. In talking to a Scubapro service center tech one time, he was much more concerned about where I was getting parts to service my own regs than about the Scubapro shop that was improperly "repairing" the Mk20 yoke/din retainer that were under CPSC recall. (The shop wanted to change the saddle but not the retainer!!!!) It is not a liability issue. They just want your $$$.

Although I don't service my own regs, it's my understanding that Scubatoys sells reg parts kits and I know for certain they are a Sherwood dealer.

It is my understanding that, at least with Scubapro, retail parts sales are not restricted in the dealer agreement. Although I also get the impression that the manufacturer does apply informal pressure to restrict such sales. In talking to a Scubapro service center tech one time, he was much more concerned about where I was getting parts to service my own regs than about the Scubapro shop that was improperly "repairing" the Mk20 yoke/din retainer that were under CPSC recall. (The shop wanted to change the saddle but not the retainer!!!!) It is not a liability issue. They just want your $$$.

I think you may be right on that. In all honesty I don’t mind supporting the LDS but when it is something as simple as a diaphragm replacement why should anyone pay around $50 for a “regulator service” for a part that they most likely pay $2.50 for a pack of 10…

The sad truth of the matter is that most shops have techs that just go step by step in the repair manuals. I think most people with a little bit of a mechanical knowledge and understanding of how a reg works can service and repair most things themselves.

Most of the “specialty tools” really are not that special if you ever take a look at most of them they can either easily be fabricated or improvised without an issue.

This whole part finding issue is a real pain. The numerous items that you can get online for just about anything from A-Z but regulator parts are starting to seem like the best kept secret next to Jimmy Hoffa…. :D

Although I don't service my own regs, it's my understanding that Scubatoys sells reg parts kits and I know for certain they are a Sherwood dealer.

I checked ScubaToys and I did find some Zeagle Flathead kits but no others. I think I will shoot them an email now and ask to see what I get for an answer.

BTW, I still haven't received any response from North East yet either... Maybe on Monday I will give them a call.

Back
Top Bottom