Where have they been spotted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are old Force Fin's from my Body Glove days, 1983. They look good and I was personal making those fins in the Hermosa Beach plant. Making over 200 pairs per day for Sharper Image catalog. We did $900,000 in sales with them during a year long season. Things were crazy with me opening up the plant at 6:00 am and mixing and pouring several different colors..even hot Pink. We still use the drill machine Billy Meistrell designed along with the nylon strap. I sure appreciate all Bob and Bill Meistrell did for me. Force Fin would have not been if Robbie Meistrell had not convinced his Dad and Uncle to support his crazy friend. Be fun to see what these fins go for on ebay.

Sibermike, My God. Thanks for the update before I hit the sack. I will give a prayer. LoVe, Bob P.S. Retail price was about $49.00.

Sibermike, My God. Thanks for the update before I hit the sack. I will give a prayer. LoVe, Bob P.S. Retail price was about $49.00.

Almost a 200% of the original selling price! Wow!! :shocked2:
What other fin (w.o. someone's signature or some other reason like being used in a movie, etc.) would do that?! Kudos Bob!

I spotted them the other night being used by the discovery channel divers filming "Life" as they were showing the segment about how the filming was done. The guy jumped in water at -2C (Antarctic) and said, "eh, its not actually that cold" and then as he was finishing, he says "help me out, its getting cold in here". Looked as he were wearing black Pro's, but can't be sure.

meesier42,
Can't wait to see the series! I have heard it is a must see. It seems all of our Force Finners in the Antarctic are using PROS.

hm_ffant_da.jpg

Hugh Miller under arched ice in the Ross Sea, Antarctica about ten miles from the open sea.
Photo by Doug Allan
steveclabuesch_UCSC2.jpg

Cecilia Shin dives her PRO Force Fin at Wale Dive Hole, New Harbor, Antarctica.
Photo by Steve Clabuesch.

I was diving for some Megaladon teeth with Jaime from Aristokat this month and when he spotted me old FFins, he said, "Hey are those the turbo fins?" :rofl3:

He said that Bob had been on board awhile back and he wanted to know if they were the real deal. I told him, "Nah. I just like to spend my money on something that doesn't work!" :shakehead: Then I told him the truth, that I wouldn't dive without them!

Thanks again Bob!
ms

Four pair are now spotted on my living room floor. Sibermike, I got those Blue Hockey fins I told you about a few weeks ago. Then today the guy in the lil' brown truck brought me a pair of Extra Force from Ebay to add to my Pro's and Adjustables. I'm a kid in a candy store, broke, but with a big smile on my face. Off to the base pool!

Back
Top Bottom