Where have they been spotted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anchor retrieval dives from the sailboat "Lulu" off of the coasts of Muhu and Hijumaa islands. Diving with Raino (sounds like "Rhino") in the bright blue and Mait ("Mite") in Typhoon drysuit. IMG_0054.jpgIMG_0056.jpgIMG_0058.jpgIMG_0059.jpg

I enjoy reading and flipping through dive mags. One in particular I enjoy is the DIVER magazine from the UK divernet.com

The publication features a “My favorite kit” section which asks prominent divers what their favorite dive gear is.. Force Fin has made the pick for fins on more than a few featured divers and in this month of July 2011 the magazine features Monty Halls and you guessed it Force Fins are his favorite fins. “I am a big Force Fin man” Monty Halls

I wonder if that has anything to do with him being a former Royal Marine ?

If you get a hold of the magazine it is a good read and as I mentioned overall it has great features and is well presented. Some of our favorite bits from Monty’s take on Force Fin “They also use different muscle groups”..there is an awful lot of small maneuvers needed to get into the right position, and Force Fins are fabulous for that. You can even swim backwards and all that kind of stuff, so I am a big fan.

If you look up Monty Halls his work is impressive and it was great to read about what he has to say about his favorite kit in this months Diver magazine from the UK..

If I continue to find the divernet link down on Monty Halls Favorite kit I will be tempted to post the whole paragraph as he tells it like he sees it and experienced it and it will make you laugh and smile and maybe try out a pair of Force Fins if you are not already using them.

Thanks for all your support Monty and we look forward to the next series. Keep up the great work!

When we got to the LDS today so that Matthew could do his OWD check out dives, Kert (the instructor) looked at me and asked, "did you bring your gear?" "No. Why?" "I could use your help."
Praise the Lord, I only love 4 minutes from the shop, so I was able to get my gear and return to the shop in no time. I'm also thankful that I usually keep my gear in the "ready" status.
So, today, I was able to go with Matthew and help him (check him) for his OWD. He is now certified! I was able to help! :yeahbaby:

Oh, and he's got it bad. His cert card hasn't even been printed yet and he is already searching ebay for a BC! :shakehead:

Matthew got his first taste of wreck diving. (I think that he's hooked).
The Baltic Sea has such low salinity (actually the sea here is considered brackish not even salt water!) that there is very few fish or other sea-life. Nice for pristine wrecks but not very interesting. Saw an eel for the first time after diving here for 4 years!

PICT0001.jpgPICT0165.jpgPICT0166.jpgPICT0167.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom