Where have they been spotted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow just found this video made by a Force Fin Customer with fair comments. Hated and loved fins. I had to try them and got a pair of XL from ebay. They fitted my boots with soft sole and were pretty effective with my oxygenrebreather. But found another pair of XXL also on ebay. They fit my Seac HD boots size 9-10 really good. Also fits Altama maritime boots. These fins performs really well for this type of diving that I do. Easy to take on and off, easy to walk on land and you can kick hard with these without getting cramp in the foot. They are not a good choice for frogkicks or technical diving I suppose. They are made for hard swimming under water. The video.

Almost exactly the same thing happened to me! I saw them (a pair of yellow Pros) in a diveshop in Oceanside, CA. I asked Steve if they were for real. You should have seen his look! :confused:

He said, "Hey! Those are mine! :shakehead:

I have never met a person that thought that they were working when they first tried them. My first experience was with my son. He had Jets and I tried out the ForceFins. We had decided to swim just under the surface (a few waves we didn't want to snorkel through) to a place about 200 meters from the boat, meet back up at the surface and then to start our dive together.

We splashed and started swimming. I was thinking, "Man, this is so embarrassing! I can't get this STUPID FINS to do anything! It's like there is nothing there! So I decided that maybe I was trying too hard and settled down to a rhythmic, steady series of kicks. Still didn't feel like I was doing anything, so I popped my head up to see how far my son was ahead of me (now mind you he was a young Marine in stunning good shape and I was/am a old, fat guy.) I thought that he had gotten so far ahead that I couldn't even see his bubbles when I heard him yell from behind me. "Man, Dad, we ain't racing!!" :D

True story.
This story totally cracks me up, as it is so close to how my hubby was introduced to FFs. He was in a rescue diver class and his fin strap broke, so the instructor let him borrow some yellow pro fins (can’t help but think of them as duck fins 🙃) He was paired with two other people on an exercise, and they got angry with him for not staying with them. He felt like he was not going anywhere and was left behind, and was really surprised to find out that he had swum so far ahead of them. He didn’t have a chance to buy a pair until years later because he couldn’t find them. We went to a place called Divers Outlet in Orlando to get a wetsuit for me and happened to see them in a bin.

The thing about FFs is that they progressively spoil your feet because they are so user- friendly (No blisters on your ankles, no cramps, long swims out to offshore sides are a breeze), but it feels extremely different if you have been using other fins.

started out with a pair of the duck fins and was extremely grateful just to not have torn up ankles smarting in the salt water ( I have long narrow feet). After grad school for me ( dirt poor, scratch and dent can store buying poor), when we full time jobs, we started watching Bob’s sale page. I bought and fell in love with the excellerators. I tried

I suspect the Tan Deltas are ideally made for people with extremely strong leg muscles, like the Marines. After we had been using the Excellerators for a few years, I was trying to kick with just booties on. It made me very anxious. My advice to anyone who is curious about FFs is to set up some kind of clear route with your dive buddy and just try them out. They will feel odd, like you are not wearing anything on your feet, as they will actually move you forward quite a bit. You are transitioning from a different foot pressure point, and it will feel very odd. I think you will be very surprised with what you find when you grow accustomed to them.

I keep posting on this site when I receive an email saying that there is a new FF related post because I am extremely grateful to be able to have this product. I already posted it here but to reiterate: pre- covid 😡when we went to grouper spawning on the east coast of Fl., the current was so strong that people were banging around like pool balls. Everybody was complaining
at the end of the dive except me and my husband, who had huge ecstatic grins on our faces. I’m sorry, but it was just plain out freaking fun diving in that crazy current with FFs on! We kicked wit

The boat captain asked how we were doing because we were sitting there crazy happy while everybody was grumbling and bitching. I said that may very well be the most fun I’ve ever had, and it was the truth. It was insanely fun to kick with the current, I suspect it is very much like what flying feels like, but when we wanted to hang out and look at the grouper near the wreck and kick against it we could. It wasn’t easy; we had to kick hard against the current, but the point is that nobody else could do it, and it was due to our fins.

My hubby and I are frugal people who are not impressed by marketing but recognize quality. ( . . . hubby is crazy technically smart. See my other posts.) There are some things that are worth saving for. We dive off the beach on the weekends. It is our entertainment, so it’s worth investing the money and having our own tanks, BCs, fins, and computers. We like our FFs so much that we are hesitant to visit Bonaire, which we LOVED. I don’t think I need to explain why. Just so you know I am not a FF marketing plant ( FF lovers will laugh at that, and we can all all use a laugh . . . Love you Bob), I will say this:

I hope to never have to dive with a different bc other than my Scubapro Classic. I could literally float out at sea in the middle of a hurricane with it on, fall into a coma, and float like a buoy to safety. If you have to dive to a far out reef and don’t want your head dipping in the water when you’re diving back in, this is the bc for you. One of my dive instructors said that he would like to see them on every student diver, and I wholeheartedly agree.

The third equipment item I would be most loathe to do without is my Perdix 2 computer, because of my vision. Again, see my other post. The point is that my husband and I are not interested in marketing or branding or showing off our posh equipment. It might seem that way because the things that we buy happen to be expensive, but that’s because they’re expected to last. My husband has a set of stereo speakers that he has that he bought 20 years ago. His vehicle has 370,000 miles on it. I hope that someone who is reading this and is on the fence about force fins recognizes that somebody is being honest here. My husband Wore his hockey fans last weekend and showed me how he can kick his feet and actually go backwards in them. I am not sure if that makes them better for swimming out for distances off the beach, which is what we do, but I thought it was pretty cool that he was definitely taking and going backwards.

This story totally cracks me up, as it is so close to how my hubby was introduced to FFs. He was in a rescue diver class and his fin strap broke, so the instructor let him borrow some yellow pro fins (can’t help but think of them as duck fins 🙃) He was paired with two other people on an exercise, and they got angry with him for not staying with them. He felt like he was not going anywhere and was left behind, and was really surprised to find out that he had swum so far ahead of them. He didn’t have a chance to buy a pair until years later because he couldn’t find them. We went to a place called Divers Outlet in Orlando to get a wetsuit for me and happened to see them in a bin.

The thing about FFs is that they progressively spoil your feet because they are so user- friendly (No blisters on your ankles, no cramps, long swims out to offshore sides are a breeze), but it feels extremely different if you have been using other fins.

started out with a pair of the duck fins and was extremely grateful just to not have torn up ankles smarting in the salt water ( I have long narrow feet). After grad school for me ( dirt poor, scratch and dent can store buying poor), when we full time jobs, we started watching Bob’s sale page. I bought and fell in love with the excellerators. I tried

I suspect the Tan Deltas are ideally made for people with extremely strong leg muscles, like the Marines. After we had been using the Excellerators for a few years, I was trying to kick with just booties on. It made me very anxious. My advice to anyone who is curious about FFs is to set up some kind of clear route with your dive buddy and just try them out. They will feel odd, like you are not wearing anything on your feet, as they will actually move you forward quite a bit. You are transitioning from a different foot pressure point, and it will feel very odd. I think you will be very surprised with what you find when you grow accustomed to them.

I keep posting on this site when I receive an email saying that there is a new FF related post because I am extremely grateful to be able to have this product. I already posted it here but to reiterate: pre- covid 😡when we went to grouper spawning on the east coast of Fl., the current was so strong that people were banging around like pool balls. Everybody was complaining
at the end of the dive except me and my husband, who had huge ecstatic grins on our faces. I’m sorry, but it was just plain out freaking fun diving in that crazy current with FFs on! We kicked wit

The boat captain asked how we were doing because we were sitting there crazy happy while everybody was grumbling and bitching. I said that may very well be the most fun I’ve ever had, and it was the truth. It was insanely fun to kick with the current, I suspect it is very much like what flying feels like, but when we wanted to hang out and look at the grouper near the wreck and kick against it we could. It wasn’t easy; we had to kick hard against the current, but the point is that nobody else could do it, and it was due to our fins.

My hubby and I are frugal people who are not impressed by marketing but recognize quality. ( . . . hubby is crazy technically smart. See my other posts.) There are some things that are worth saving for. We dive off the beach on the weekends. It is our entertainment, so it’s worth investing the money and having our own tanks, BCs, fins, and computers. We like our FFs so much that we are hesitant to visit Bonaire, which we LOVED. I don’t think I need to explain why. Just so you know I am not a FF marketing plant ( FF lovers will laugh at that, and we can all all use a laugh . . . Love you Bob), I will say this:

I hope to never have to dive with a different bc other than my Scubapro Classic. I could literally float out at sea in the middle of a hurricane with it on, fall into a coma, and float like a buoy to safety. If you have to dive to a far out reef and don’t want your head dipping in the water when you’re diving back in, this is the bc for you. One of my dive instructors said that he would like to see them on every student diver, and I wholeheartedly agree.

The third equipment item I would be most loathe to do without is my Perdix 2 computer, because of my vision. Again, see my other post. The point is that my husband and I are not interested in marketing or branding or showing off our posh equipment. It might seem that way because the things that we buy happen to be expensive, but that’s because they’re expected to last. My husband has a set of stereo speakers that he has that he bought 20 years ago. His vehicle has 370,000 miles on it. I hope that someone who is reading this and is on the fence about force fins recognizes that somebody is being honest here. My husband Wore his hockey fans last weekend and showed me how he can kick his feet and actually go backwards in them. I am not sure if that makes them better for swimming out for distances off the beach, which is what we do, but I thought it was pretty cool that he was definitely taking and going backwards.
My wife, Susanne's favorite dive is in Fiji I think the Island is Nomea, but anyone is free to correct me. There is a set of pinnacles there that rise from deep water to around 70 feet. Most divers cuddle in the lee of the pnnacle taking macro pictures, but Susanne swings out between them. She kicks to stay in one place, like on an exercise machine. She says that the big fish swoop in and eye her one by one, and join side-by-side in stationary swimming against the currents.

Wow just found this video made by a Force Fin Customer with fair comments. Hated and loved fins. I had to try them and got a pair of XL from ebay. They fitted my boots with soft sole and were pretty effective with my oxygenrebreather. But found another pair of XXL also on ebay. They fit my Seac HD boots size 9-10 really good. Also fits Altama maritime boots. These fins performs really well for this type of diving that I do. Easy to take on and off, easy to walk on land and you can kick hard with these without getting cramp in the foot. They are not a good choice for frogkicks or technical diving I suppose. They are made for hard swimming under water. The video.
Frog kicks ... WHY BOTHER!!????
Nobody in their right mind ever just begins to frog kick. It is something that you have to be trained to do. In other words, IT IS NOT NATURAL. Well, unless you're a FROG!

It was designed to CORRECT and COMPENSATE for the inherent flaws of stiff boards attached to feet. Frog kicking utilizes muscles that are not normally, naturally, employed, and this can cause "issues" at the beginning of the season until your muscles get used to it again. It stresses joints, etc. in odd ways. The WHOLE PURPOSE for the use of frog kicking (remember it is to correct problems created by bad fin design) disappears with Force Fins.

Try cruising along close to the deck in Force Fins and you'll notice that you are NOT kicking up silt because the water is being directed 180° to the direction of travel (straight back). Stupid fins send the water 90° to travel direction (straight down - extremely inefficient) and this is also what causes the silt to be kicked up.

As for technical diving all I use are Force Fins as well as many big names in Technical Diving.

Frog kicks ... WHY BOTHER!!????
Nobody in their right mind ever just begins to frog kick. It is something that you have to be trained to do. In other words, IT IS NOT NATURAL. Well, unless you're a FROG!

It was designed to CORRECT and COMPENSATE for the inherent flaws of stiff boards attached to feet. Frog kicking utilizes muscles that are not normally, naturally, employed, and this can cause "issues" at the beginning of the season until your muscles get used to it again. It stresses joints, etc. in odd ways. The WHOLE PURPOSE for the use of frog kicking (remember it is to correct problems created by bad fin design) disappears with Force Fins.

Try cruising along close to the deck in Force Fins and you'll notice that you are NOT kicking up silt because the water is being directed 180° to the direction of travel (straight back). Stupid fins send the water 90° to travel direction (straight down - extremely inefficient) and this is also what causes the silt to be kicked up.

As for technical diving all I use are Force Fins as well as many big names in Technical Diving.
Thank you sibermike, you hit a home run with your comments. I do not like to get into this frog kicking but after using Jet fins for 20 years I had to frog kick just to move around. But I did address a design for those who like to frog kick. It was so amazing to just move your legs in and out and not have to twist them to get the fin blade at the right angle. I just twist the foils to the right position and flew. Here is two pictures of the Foil Force fin design which came after the Foil Force Fin. (first Split Fin). I would twist the inter blade open and turn the outside blade closed position. Hope you can get the idea. The OPS took over 8 different Force Fin blades.
ff-49.jpg
ff-50.jpg

Thank you sibermike, you hit a home run with your comments. I do not like to get into this frog kicking but after using Jet fins for 20 years I had to frog kick just to move around. But I did address a design for those who like to frog kick. It was so amazing to just move your legs in and out and not have to twist them to get the fin blade at the right angle. I just twist the foils to the right position and flew. Here is two pictures of the Foil Force fin design which came after the Foil Force Fin. (first Split Fin). I would twist the inter blade open and turn the outside blade closed position. Hope you can get the idea. The OPS took over 8 different Force Fin blades. View attachment 735796View attachment 735797
Yes. Makes complete sense! Additionally, FFs allow me to backup relatively easily!
Thanks Bob!

I like to be able to post all the fantastic customer images I have received over the past 40 years now. Planning to expand the Force Fin product line with a
Hugh-and-Force-Fin,-Russia-(2-of-1).jpg
new website.https://forcefin.com/ The Extra Force Fin does the JOB. EXTRA FORCE FIN - Force Fin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom