Where i have better chances to survive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyrell once bubbled...
thnx Dr Deco,

i just wanted to know if someone has to face cns or getting bent underwater, where he gets better chances to survive.

padiscubapro, i know how long i can hold my breath, and upon that i made athe calculations of ascenting for 1.5 minutes (CESA as they call it in PADI) "topping" is also a good idea.

i have no intention at all to perform a stunt like that, it was a theoretical question

thanks
mark.

yes, but CESA assumes you 1) are going to the surface, 2) have no access to gas, and 3) assumes your in no deco limits..

obviously in this case you are a no to all 3, dont have to vent all your gas, so you can use a slower ascent rate (and you really want to), plus you are avoiding the rapid pressure change from 33fsw to the surface so the venting rate is not as critical..
for 44m I would try and do it in 1.5 to 2 minutes at a minimum.. even if you go faster your tissue loading isn't that bad yet so your risk is probably at a minimum... If I did this type of ascent I would probably stay a few minutes longer longer at the 21m,and 18m, stops where you can keep the po2 higher and then run the profile as planned, and if you are really worried stay at your last stop as long as you can...

my preference (when conditions permit) after last stop completed, ascend 1 or 2 meters and stay there for a minute or so, then do a slow ascent the test of the way.. there is a large pressure change so I like to be as slow as reasonable..

If the conditions permit I also stay on my deco gas on the surface for 5 mins or so before trying to climb a ladder with all my gear on..... The last thing I want is alot of work after being in deco...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom