where in Victoria ? anyone to buddy up on 23 august

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asmackofjellyfish:
Unfortunately, it looks like you will be in Victoria mid-week, which limits my availability (I work out of town) and probably a few others' as well. The only suggestion I have for you is to call/email one of the dive shops and see if they know of anyone. There are guided dives Sat at Frank Whites Dive Shop or Sun at Great Ocean Adventures if you could see yourself hanging around. I'm not sure if they offer them in the summer, but some of the shops do night dives as well.

Check out the Edge Diving Centre in North Vancouver for weeknight dives. From what I can tell from their facebook page, and their website, they do quite a lot of evening dives.

Good luck.

asmackofjellyfish

thank you for suggestion , yes is unfortunate to come and dive in the middle of the week. I will dedicate couple days later on with organized trip from dive shop in calgary

currently I'm coming with my family for couple days and I can cut one day from day only :-(

I will call all shops and find out what can be done. Thank You

The middle of the week may be tough finding people to dive with. Most people go on the weekends (work weekdays). There are always a few divers around diving on weekdays, but they may not be as quick to find. As a last resort, you could arrange a divemaster-guided shore dive through the Ogden Point dive shop. They'll go out anytime (for a fee of course). They usually go to the breakwater (since it's only a few feet away and it's a great dive), but they'll probably take you anywhere you want.

Are you restricted to Victoria, or can you wander up-island a bit? Also, are you bringing your own gear or will you have to rent?

-S

sunnyboy:
Are you restricted to Victoria, or can you wander up-island a bit? Also, are you bringing your own gear or will you have to rent?

-S

Sunnyboy

No im not limited to victoria only

I can dive on 20 or 21 august in vancouver area ( staying in richmond ) and on wednesday we are taking ferry to Victoria. Then on thursday I can dive anywhere there .

I will be bringing with me my

reg and zeagle ranger

Im looking at 2007 Bare Trilam HD Tech Drysuit to buy before these dives from divetank.com ( they are in Burnaby)

I will rent nitrox tanks

swankenstein:
The middle of the week may be tough finding people to dive with. Most people go on the weekends (work weekdays). There are always a few divers around diving on weekdays, but they may not be as quick to find. As a last resort, you could arrange a divemaster-guided shore dive through the Ogden Point dive shop. They'll go out anytime (for a fee of course). They usually go to the breakwater (since it's only a few feet away and it's a great dive), but they'll probably take you anywhere you want.

swankenstein

thank you for idea , I have their phone number and references from one buddy I had pleasure to dive with in alberta. I will consider this as last option :wink:

calgarydiver:
Sunnyboy

No im not limited to victoria only

I can dive on 20 or 21 august in vancouver area ( staying in richmond ) and on wednesday we are taking ferry to Victoria. Then on thursday I can dive anywhere there .

I will be bringing with me my

reg and zeagle ranger

Im looking at 2007 Bare Trilam HD Tech Drysuit to buy before these dives from divetank.com ( they are in Burnaby)

I will rent nitrox tanks

I meant are you mobile enough to come up to dive the Nanaimo area? We have some pretty great shore dives here, and there's an excellent dive store in the area.

-S

sunnyboy:
I meant are you mobile enough to come up to dive the Nanaimo area? We have some pretty great shore dives here, and there's an excellent dive store in the area.

-S

Of course I can dive in Nanaimo area . Im driving from calgary with my family. I can be mobile at any time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom