Where is the best diving in the Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to GC and LC many times and to Grand Turk twice. Been to Bonaire, Utila, Roatan and Coz as well. For my money, Little Cayman is the best dive island in the Caribbean I have been to. As Aggie mentioned, the wall often starts at 20 feet so good snorkelling as well as awesome diving. I've seen lots of reef sharks in the Jacksons Bight area and there are turtles and large groupers on every dive. As far as ease of getting to the snorkelling sites, go by boat from the dive lodge. The wall diving in Turks and Caicos is quite good as well but as I recall, deeper so not much to see snorkelling. Many of the Nassau groupers on LC are so tame, you can swim up and pat them. DSC_7356.jpg

I know this is subjective, so to clarify great diving for me is lots of marine life, preferably larger marine life like rays, turtles, giant groupers. I ask as I am trying to schedule a vacation that includes great diving and off shore snorkeling. I like to do both.

Just came back from San Pedro, Belize...it was UH-mazing! The reefs were so healthy, loads of soft coral. We saw lots of nurse sharks (some reef and bull sharks too with the occasional hammerhead), sea turtles, dolphins, and big groupers! Contact the Belize Pro Dive Center, they are probably one of the best dive establishment I have EVER been to. Super friendly, helpful and knowledgeable...guaranteed good time!
G0442327.jpgDSC_0397.jpgG0091109.jpgG1491703.jpgG0601398.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom