Where is the best Place to Buy Neopreme Seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolfpack

Registered
Reaction score
I live is huntington Beach,CA, orange county, and If the lubriderm and slicing a ring off the neck seal does not work, I will have to buy neopreme seal for the neck of that drysuit. SO, where is the best place to buy the neopreme seal? Someone told me seatec in corora, I called them and they are all out of neck seals and will not reorder the neopreme ones, where is the best place to buy the seal and will they install or do I have to install myself? I have no problem installing myself, but what kind of glue would you use?

If you can get your hands on a sheet of 1/8" skin 1-side neoprene, you can make one of the critters pretty easily.
Make a pattern out of stiff paper first, transfer onto the neoprene & snip. Follow the directions on the glue can (plain old wetsuit cement).
A Poseidon neoprene neck seal will run you about $42 retail from your local Viking dealer otherwise.
When installing, be sure you remember that the neck seal gets tucked down towards the inside of the suit. (skin side out as it's pointing up).

cement on latex? thus if I cut off the latex seal I would immagine you glue down over the old latex ring at the base, right? so does th neopreme cemet glue tot he latex base? I have a trilam suit...

You can either strip off the old latex, or just snip & glue on top of it. If you're gluing directly onto the laminated fabric its best to use the glue recommended by the drysuit mfgr.
Surface prep is going to be crucial though, if you're going on top of the latex be sure to wipe well with toluene, hit with 120 grit sandpaper, & another wipe with toluene on a clean rag before applying the wetsuit cement as per directions on the can.
The most common mistake is rushing the glue. Allow to dry completely tack free between coats before pressing together, then smush the joint together with a roller (wallpaper seam rollers work great) or smack with a rubber mallet.
Neoprene cement sticks fine to latex as long as the surface is prepped & rolled afterwards.

Hey Wolfpack.
Alot of people on the baord have talked very highly of this place. I personally have never used them. Check the out at;
http://www.drysuitrepair.com/

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom