Where should I dive in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed at both Bequa Lagoon and at Matava Eco resort. It depends on what kind of resort you are looking for. Bequa Lagoon is more main stream, food is great! Lots of soft corals. The shark dive is fantastic. It is a larger resort than Matava. Matava's food was fresh and good and plenty of it. Smaller resort, felt like a family type atmosphere, very relaxed. The diving was outstanding! Lots of big critters IE: Mantas, humpback whales, seaturtles, sea crates. Lots of hard corals and some soft. Reefs were pristine! No signs of coral bleaching that I saw. The people there were very friendly and hospitable. I would go back in a heart beat.

Thanks to everybody who contributed (esp. fiji diver). Just booked the trip - staying 2 nights at uprising to do the shark dive + a lagoon dive then going to volivoli for 4 nights and then flying to taveuni for 10 nights with dolphinbaydivers.

Sorry to post so late -- actually just came back from Fiji a week ago. Stayed at Beqa and can ditto all the good stuff people said about that resort. Fantastic, and a week was about the right length of time.

Then spent a week on liveaboard -- Island Dancer. The boat was pretty beat, easily in the worst shape of the 4 liveaboards I've done. But the diving? Fabulous! The boat was NOT a honeymooner's special, and didn't intend to be. Allowed 5 dives a day most days, with one day set aside for village/cultural activity and the last day for travel back to Suva. But wonderful diving, with lots of diversity and lots of quality. The reefs were in great shape.

I'd recommend a liveaboard because you get to sites not really available from shore. But maybe not the Dancer again, until they refurbish it -- and I don't think that's imminently planned.

Feitr In June I am looking at taking a similar trip to the one you have planned with the exception of going to volivoli for 4 night (but not out of the question if it was worth it) and adding two more day of diving to uprising. Any advice from your experience good, bad or thing you would have changed would be greatly appreciated. Also, any booking advice would be helpful ex. did you book this trip on your own, with a travel agent, as one package, or all separately.

stayed at both Bequa and Matava Eco Resort last july Aug. time frame. liked both, the people of Fiji are just incrediable! I liked the diving at Matava the best. Was like you were on the reef by yourself on every dive we made. Make sure you do " manta reef" if you go there. Saw several Mantas on both dives. Sea Crates, fields of hard corals far as the 100ft. vis would let you see. The staff and facilities were great. Check it out at Matava.com I have pics and video clips posted here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom