Where should i do a basic cave course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about DIR courses? do they have any bennefits? I don't really like their concept ("any other way - you're dead"), and at least the GUE fundementals does'nt teach anything I can't do - so I think I'll pass on them. Any reason not to?

It is a public perception, but DIR/GUE/UTD isn't as retricted as the public lead to believe. If you can, find a group to dive with a few time and see if you like the standard. But unfortunity, you can't go into cave 1 without fundie tech pass, so fundie is inevitable.

It is a public perception, but DIR/GUE/UTD isn't as retricted as the public lead to believe. If you can, find a group to dive with a few time and see if you like the standard. But unfortunity, you can't go into cave 1 without fundie tech pass, so fundie is inevitable.

I am not a GUE diver but I have read the official GUE books (Fundamentals, getting clear on the basics, beyond daylight). IMHO, GUE promotes a valid divestyle and does not pretend this the only one correct way of dive.

Florida has a bit of everything for different types of caves so in your course you can dive glow caves one day then a no flow cave the next. This will give you a broader experience than just diving one type of system.

What about across the water in Egypt. Maybe Russia, France, Italy???

Not trying to troll, but if you don't wanna spring for the $3k trip from Palestine to Florida, why are you asking about CCR vs OC? CCR is like $20k after all is said and done.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom