Where to buy mouthpiece for XTX 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeahorseDeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where can I buy a mouthpiece for my XTX 200? After using it for 250+ dives it needs to be replaced! Thankyou!

We sell them, however they are backordered currently. You can place an order and we'll get it to you the second we get them in. Link here.

Thankyou....ordering!!!

Nope, just an odd size. I grabbed a few cheap of eBay a few years back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

not even that odd of a size, but the branded comfobite moutpiece are very different than the knockoffs, it is a love/hate with one or the other since they are a bit different in terms of how they feel in the mouth and one is stiffer than the other. The will take standard mouthpieces though. It's slightly smaller than the "standard" mouthpiece size on Hog/Hollis/Atomic etc, and slightly smaller than the other "standard" size that Scubapro uses. Should be noted that most of these can be made to fit the others and still seal well as the difference is 1/16" between each of them.

tbone is right. There definitely is a difference between Apeks branded combo-bite mouthpieces and the ones sold by Trident and other companies. The Apeks ones are more rigid, which I find preferable. The off-brand ones are very soft and flimsy, and I find they sometimes lose their shape when stretched and placed on the reg. This sometimes makes the sides of the mouthpiece move inward, which inhibits easy insertion into your mouth. Stick with the Apeks brand.

They are "almost" indedtical to AL comfobites. I prefer the AL ones as they are very slightly smaller where the bridge is. Both fit Apeks fine the same.

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2015 at 03:02 AM ----------

Where can I buy a mouthpiece for my XTX 200? After using it for 250+ dives it needs to be replaced! Thankyou!

If the back order will take time PM me and I'll send you one as I have a few new ones lying around. I take them off and now swap with long bite mouth pieces. I have a gap in my back teeth the Apeks/AL style ones tend to rotate through the gap. Long bite mouth pieces are cheaper than dental work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom