Where to Buy New Versions of Intova Mini and Wide Angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaVideo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've been searching for the Intova Mini Torch and Wide Angle Torch for a little while without any luck. Most sites have the older 130 Lumen versions, including Cave Adventurers, Amazon, Buy.com etc. Some sites have the new specs but the old picture and some the new picture and old specs.

I contacted Cave Adventurers and they said it was the Tactical Torch that I was looking at and they were out of stock. I don't think that is correct as Intova clearly shows a 220 Lumen Wide Angle - not the 130 Lumen Cave Adventurers' sell.

I have the Nova 2011 version and Ultra, both purchased from Dive Gear Express because they were accurate with descriptions on the website - I didn't want any surprises like I have heard from others getting an older version when expecting the newest.

So any leads on getting the new versions of the Mini Torch 220 Lumen (knurled end and front Model# IMINI) and the Wide Angle 220 Lumen (Model# IFL WA)?

I would also like to get an Oxycheq Light Sock that fits all 4 - or would I need both Raider versions of the sock? They also show an universal light sock on their website.

Leisurepro.

I bought my husband an Intova wide angle from Amazon last week and the package is sitting in front of me. It's most definitely 220 Lumens with the "new and improved switch!!" I bought my own from LeisurePro - same model.

Amazon.com: Intova Wide Angle Torch Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors

But looking at the packaging, it is from 2010. It is the IFL WA. Hope that helps!

Leisurepro.
Thanks, I have been looking at LP, the Mini they have per the picture is correct but the description is 220 Lumen in one tab and 130 in another. I've shot them an email to find out for sure. According to one review on Amazon, they are shipping the new 220 Lumen version, and they are cheaper than LP. I think I will take the plunge and get it from Amazon.

I bought my husband an Intova wide angle from Amazon last week and the package is sitting in front of me. It's most definitely 220 Lumens with the "new and improved switch!!" I bought my own from LeisurePro - same model.

Amazon.com: Intova Wide Angle Torch Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors

But looking at the packaging, it is from 2010. It is the IFL WA. Hope that helps!

Thanks, I put that on order. I read somewhere that it was luck of the draw to get the new vs old one. I can always return it, but I think as time goes by the odds are it will be the new stock. Which one did you order from LP? I did not see the Wide Angle there, just the Mini, Tactical and Nova.

Thanks to to you and Rhone for the help.

You know what? I went back through my receipts and I ordered my original from Amazon, too - not Leisure Pro. I looked at the two of them, and the one I got last week has the new switch. I like that one a lot better (and now my dearest husband is getting the old one - so sad for him). It's much easier to turn on with gloves. Hopefully, they send you the latest and greatest. I wonder if a phone call might help?

I got my answer back from LP:

Hi, Mike

Thanks for submitting a question to our pro team.

Your Question:
The picture of the Intova Mini Torch is the current model but the description says 130 lumen. According to Tovatec (Intova) the newest model is 220 Lumen. Can you clarify for me which model you have?

The Pro's Answer:
Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy. This is the 220 lumen version.

Please Note: Your question might be selected to be posted on our website.

Have a nice day!
LeisurePro.com Pro Team

I had also noticed after emailing them that under features it does show 220 but under specs it shows 130.

I passed by the shop one day and the one hanging on the wall says 130 lumens.

I called Intova and they said they don't make the 130 lumen units anymore so any shop that orders should be 220 lumens. Whoever ships you the 130 lumen unit would be old stock. LP might have new stock in inventory, but not on their display.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom