Where to buy replacement weight pocket? - Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creekland

Registered
Reaction score
My son's weight pocket dropped out today (accidently) when diving. Fortunately, he wasn't deep, so no harm done. However, upon searching for the pocket - it was nowhere to be found (easily). It seems to be in deep grass... and it's black... with low vis.

He has a Zeagle Escape - a brand new one at that. This was only his 4th dive in it - so I will say I'm a bit disappointed in the pockets in general. There was only a 5lb soft weight in it - it shouldn't have been "stressed."

However, we can't afford a different BC at this point in time, so I need to replace the pocket - any suggestions where? The BC came from the LDS, but that's a reasonable drive away... hmm, I'm wondering what the warrenty covers and might have to go try to find it. (Obviously I'm thinking as I type...)

Also feel free to also offer suggestions on how to keep the pockets IN while still maintaining the quick release if needed.

Mine has the yellow thingies, but his does not - nor does his have zippered pockets as mine does (mine's a Laser - his an Escape).

His has the red handles to pull to out a pocket and the weights are in that pocket. These pocket handles are only velcro'd in... and it came undone in the water today while he was diving (and he wasn't flailing his hands or anything else that might have accidently caught it).

It's all black - except the red handle and holds the weight inside. There's no "threading" like mine has with weights dropping out the bottom if pulled...

You can call Scubatoys and they can order the replacement pocket for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom