Where to Dive in Cuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KAYAMAN

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Gang,:lotsalove:

I will be in Havana and Varadero, Cuba between August 24 - September 2

I was wondering where are the good diving sites in Havana and Varadero? This is gonna be my first international dive and I choice Cuba for that.

What would be the equipment to bring with me? I have completed 7 dives so far and I was thinking to bring my own equipment as in find, mask, snorkel, shoes and may be my 7mm dive suit.

So, I need suggestions where to dive in Havana and Varadero. I need some advice from and any of you people dove in Havana or Varadero before. What are your fav. places? Did you do a boat diving or off the shore?

Also, If anyone will be in Cuba that that time we can dive together!!!!

Cheers and I am looking forward to hearing from you

Al:)

I was just diving Cayo Coco last week. Can't comment on Havana or Varadero but I will say that your 7mm is going to be way too warm. It was 84F at 90' deep. I know that there are some excursions from Havana/Varadero going to the south side of the island where the best diving is supposed to be.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to Greater Antilles (Cuba) forum

Hello Gang,:lotsalove:

I will be in Havana and Varadero, Cuba between August 24 - September 2

I was wondering where are the good diving sites in Havana and Varadero? This is gonna be my first international dive and I choice Cuba for that.

What would be the equipment to bring with me? I have completed 7 dives so far and I was thinking to bring my own equipment as in find, mask, snorkel, shoes and may be my 7mm dive suit.

So, I need suggestions where to dive in Havana and Varadero. I need some advice from and any of you people dove in Havana or Varadero before. What are your fav. places? Did you do a boat diving or off the shore?

Also, If anyone will be in Cuba that that time we can dive together!!!!

Cheers and I am looking forward to hearing from you

Al:)

I was staying in Varadero a few years back in January and the there was no diving on that side of the island due to weather. I did a trip to the Bay of Pigs and dove there. That was cool. Here is a link that may help. You will die in a 7m suit, bathing suit would be more like it in August. CUBA-DIVING, Dive Travel to Cuba, ScubaCuba, Caribbean Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom