Where to dive in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NewDiver123

Reaction score
I have one week vacation in Nov, want to go diving. But, it seems Nov is a low season to everywhere. I checked Bonaire, it will rain a lot in Nov. Does anyone know any better place to dive? Thanks in advance.

I don't see any reason to change your mind about Bonaire. Nov. is the last month of the hurricane season, but Bonaire is just south of the hurricane zone. So you *might* get some rain in Nov. but other Caribbean islands *may* get a lot more rain then, and possibly (slight) even a hurricane. I was in Maui in Nov/Dec. and we even got a little rain there, but not enough to spoil the trip at all.
My husband was in Bonaire in Nov. several years back and they had a huge storm with wind and dumping rains one night, but that seems a bit out of the ordinary. For the most part the weather was great and they had some awesome diving. Somewhere I absolutely want to go diving one day.

I have one week vacation in Nov, want to go diving. But, it seems Nov is a low season to everywhere. I checked Bonaire, it will rain a lot in Nov. Does anyone know any better place to dive? Thanks in advance.

I have taken a dive vacation in November every year (except one) for the last 15 years or so. It's more of a shoulder season where prices are relatively low and availability easy. I've almost always been able to redeem frequent flier miles for the air tickets. I usually do it so that my trip encompasses U.S. Thanksgiving weekend, which may explain why things are uncrowded in the Caribbean then.

In the Caymans, northerly winds are more likely to have started by November and that can adversely affect your diving choices. Other than there, I've never felt that November was a disadvantageous month.

:D we went to Hawaii (Kona) in Nov 2 years ago and water was warm and clear. Weather was normal for Hawaii, overcast and chance of showers each day but we saw little rain. :D
I have been told that there is no bad time to go to Bonaire. :D
We are going to Cocoview, Roatan in Nov this year and hoping for great weather. :D It is the only time the hubby could take off work the rest of year so we had to go somewhere. :D

robin

Just to add that our first trip to Bonaire was around Thanksgiving. Rain a little at night but it was our favorite time and trip to Bonaire ( we are on trip #7 or maybe 8 not sure,my mind is going :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom