Where to Dive Thailand in August 2010??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It might still be possible to get out to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang at this time of year from Lanta - weather permitting.... Blue Planet, as already mentioned, are a decent option.....

For IDCs, I'd recommend checking www.idcthailand.net

Hi Limbo,

He mentioned that his wife will be doing her IDC.
I see that someone else mentioned this already.

Last point on the IDC - I had a large group at Crystal - 12 students, but with 3 course directors and 2 staff instructors, so it worked out very well - I think a large group is good for the IDC, and it was really great to have an instructor ratio of nearly 2-1. If you needed anything at all, there was always someone to help.

Take care

Tom

Hi Tom,

There is a confirmed six night trip on the fabulous SY June Hong Chian Lee (The Junk) to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang. She departs evening from Phuket on 7 August and disembarks morning 13 August.

Weather permitting....the diving covers Shark Point/Anemone Reef and King Cruiser, Hin Daeng/Hin Muang, Koh Ha Islands, Phi Phi Islands and Racha Yai plus Racha Noi.

Probably the best way to dive all the southern sites. With enough bookings she departs every Saturday.

Thx All, After some investigation I think I'll do the IDC at Crystal, seem to have a good rep 6 the dates fit in well. As for diving the Adaman sea, apart from the Similan which seems to be off limits, still not quite sure if I can dive in August off Ko Lanta and get to the Hin Mouang, Hin Daeng??

Koh Lanta can be hit or miss with weather in August, but that can work to your benefit, especially when looking to finish a lot of course work. Koh Lanta dive shops tend to charge lower rates this time of year, particularly when it comes to courses.

And don't forget the upside, for every day of bad weather there are usually five times as many days of wonderful sunshine and amazing vis with nary another dive boat in sight. The dive sites off of Lanta are a whole new world in this season, and with so few shops in the region open you get some of the best sites completely to yourself. :D

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom