where to do my IDC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chappers

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Im struggling to find where to do my IDC, Ideally i want a CDC so that they could offer me a job placement. Im looking at Europe Ideally, does any one know of places i could do this?

Im also on the borderline of going insane as i find myself in another office job with a headset on as im writing this. I know what i want from life and this is not it. The only thing i have trouble with is because ive been brought up in england and have gone thru schooling its drilled in to me that i must have a house a car 2.4 children etc, and how about if it all goes wrong out there and i need to come back to england, i would have nothing, but then how do i know that! i could get a job offer to workin sales or marketing for a dive company later in life etc etc... i guess ive just answered my own question,

but yes, if some of you could give me some names and weblinks to a good diving college, doesnt necessarily have to be europe, but somewhere with a better exchange rate would be good.

chappers

welcome, chappers, i hope things fall into place for you. sounds like they will.

Howdy! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

I work for a Career Development Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. International Diving Centre

BC had world class diving and Vancouver is a beautiful city. Our Operations Manager worked for Jean-Michel Cousteau in Fiji (http://www.fijiresort.com/) and other staff members have experience working in Australia, Philiphines, Grand Cayman, Hawaii, Thailand, etc etc.

I love working here and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. PM me if you like.

http://www.diveidc.com

chappers:
...Im also on the borderline of going insane as i find myself in another office job with a headset on as im writing this. I know what i want from life and this is not it. The only thing i have trouble with is because ive been brought up in england and have gone thru schooling its drilled in to me that i must have a house a car 2.4 children etc, and how about if it all goes wrong out there and i need to come back to england, i would have nothing, but then how do i know that! i could get a job offer to workin sales or marketing for a dive company later in life etc etc... i guess ive just answered my own question...

Two things, you likely won't ever make a lot of money in diving. That being said, happiness is more than just money. Now is probably the best time in your life to see if you really want what you think you want -- no responsiblities and relative freedom. Go for it. If you find its not for you, it doesn't sound like its too late to go a more traditional route.

cheers 4 all the advice, yep im going for it after talking it thru with a lot of people and deciding what i would truly enjoy, so i am getting dm experience at my local dive shop and doing a speciality this weekend in equipment maintanence and have decided to go with european divers in turkey in october for my idc as it satisfies what im looking for.

regards

steve

chappers:
Hi

Im struggling to find where to do my IDC, Ideally i want a CDC so that they could offer me a job placement. Im looking at Europe Ideally, does any one know of places i could do this?

Im also on the borderline of going insane as i find myself in another office job with a headset on as im writing this. I know what i want from life and this is not it. The only thing i have trouble with is because ive been brought up in england and have gone thru schooling its drilled in to me that i must have a house a car 2.4 children etc, and how about if it all goes wrong out there and i need to come back to england, i would have nothing, but then how do i know that! i could get a job offer to workin sales or marketing for a dive company later in life etc etc... i guess ive just answered my own question,

but yes, if some of you could give me some names and weblinks to a good diving college, doesnt necessarily have to be europe, but somewhere with a better exchange rate would be good.

chappers
I found info on several that look very good. Check out Ease (www.deepsix.com) and Bob Soto's. Also the ads in the mags and a google search should help. I hope to make the jump myself, someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom