Where to find good, cheap single-gauge boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Reviews, prices, quality,shipping,etc are all over the map, (yet still not lot of usable options out there that I could find), so I figured it couldn't hurt to run it by the matrix. Any points in the right direction are much appreciated.
BTW, I'm needing it for the common italian-made brass/glass gauge with a 2in total case diameter.

Get a gem-cap from a hardware store. I use one to protect the glass in transit, but take it off when in use. Throw the C-clamp in the thing-bucket................ Cut a hole or slot for the hose. (you can put the cap on the bottom of the gauge while in use, then use it to protect the glass while not in use.)
Should cost 2 or 3 dollars.

Reviews, prices, quality,shipping,etc are all over the map, (yet still not lot of usable options out there that I could find), so I figured it couldn't hurt to run it by the matrix. Any points in the right direction are much appreciated.
BTW, I'm needing it for the common italian-made brass/glass gauge with a 2in total case diameter.

This what you're looking for?

Spg Black 2 & 2.5

Think we are done here...

Sorry, this is scubaboard, we're not done in half a page worth of posts.

I realize the question was answered, but I'd like to ask why putting the gauge in a boot? if there's only one gauge is it wrong to just have it free?

No way is this thread done.

We haven’t bickered yet.

Like in the show “Little Einsteins” where they clap in unison to power their rocket, we have to bicker to power SB....check the Terms of Service.

And besides, I’ve been holding everything in this week and it’s about time for a meltdown. A thread about a boot for an SPG seems like a good place to have one.

Let’s do this.

Sorry, this is scubaboard, we're not done in half a page worth of posts.

I realize the question was answer, but I'd like to ask why putting the gauge in a boot? if there's only one gauge is it wrong to just have it free?

Rather agree with Ana.

I just tape the edges of mine to keep it from getting unnecessarily scratched and I’m nerdy careful about the glass. Haven’t had any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom