Where to go - 1st timer and non-diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwerbilzak

Reaction score
I've always wanted to get into diving, but my wife isn't interested in scuba, though snorkeling does appeal to her.

We're looking for a place to go which has great diving for a novice (healthy reefs, lotsa fish, not super-challenging, enough variety), but which also has plenty of stuff for her to do alone (preferably some resorty-y stuff like massages, etc, but also nature-based activities like kayaking, canoeing, rainforest viewing, animal/bird watching). Since this'll kind of be a special occasion, price is less important than quality. So we'd also like something a little bit luxurious with certain amenties like wireless internet in the rooms, maybe evening activities around the compound. If possible, we'd love to not have to travel to the other side of the world (from the states), but if it's special enough, we're happy to do so.

Hamanasi (Belize) or Beqa (Fiji) look wonderful, but are a bit too sleepy for us. In fact, now that I think about it, Hamanasi wired to the outside world and with a bit more to do would be perfect.

Any place come to mind along these lines?

Thanks in advance!

Roatan, Cayman Islands, The Fl Keys are just a few locations to start with.

You can't go wrong with Hawaii.

Coz might fit the bill if you stay south were there are nice beaches, and in a Luxury all-inclusive.

Caymen Islands, Turks and Caicos, Virgin Islands, there are a lot of spots in the Caribbean would fit the bill.

Where ever you do decide to go, tell them you are a newish diver.

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to look up these places.

Wow, so much self-promotion in the posts on this forum. Hard to know what to believe sometimes!

Robin gave you a whole list of potential places and she represents NONE of them in any way, except perhaps as a previous visitor.

Back
Top Bottom