Where to go for more training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neuronix

New
Reaction score
Hello Scubaboard,

I'm currently PADI AOW certified from Utila and other dives in Latin America. I'm somewhere around 20 dives, though it's been a year since I was last in the water.

I have recently come about a very flexible position and would like to continue dive training. My position doesn't pay very well, but it's enough to get by on and have fun with. The idea is for me to work every other day and dive every other day. My original plan before finding this job was to head to Ko Tao, somewhere else in SE asia, or somewhere in latin America, as I've done a lot of third world travel, but for this job I will essentially be a computer programmer. Thus, I need to be in a location that has decent diving and training that I can afford, but also in a location with a good internet connection and where I won't have to worry about my laptops being stolen.

I'm thinking about going for DM as typically those packages include plenty of dives and training, but am open to other possibilities. I will have about 5 months in total starting in May.

Suggestions are very welcome. I'm thinking heavily about Florida, but am also curious about carribean locations, Hawaii, Latin America (Belize?), Croatia, and heck, just about anywhere.

I'd certainly be willing to discuss any possibilities with any shops in private. Please be up front about cost and cost of living in your location. I have many technical skills that may be of use and I am happy to assist on my dive days as a divemaster in training.

Thanks in advance.
Eric

If the six months begins about now, and you can live about anywhere, why don't you look into Southern California? The diving there is fantastic, and there is no shortage of EXCELLENT dive instruction. The water is colder than you are used to, but in the summer, I understand it's still possible to be a wetsuit diver there. Internet access should be excellent, and the cost of living, although high, is probably lower than it was a year ago.

Hello Scubaboard,
and where I won't have to worry about my laptops being stolen.
Eric

Fort Knox comes to mind.:wink:

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom