where to go in Calgary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just so you know I didn't give my recommendation based on the website but because I have dove with the owner, Charlene, several times to depths past 225 and would do so again. Charlene is a gem in the dive industry and is the only LDS I will deal with.

I would also recommend Terry Forsythe as an instructor. I've dove with him and know his record. He works at Adventures.

Yea - another recommendation for both Charlene (Aquasport) as a store and Terry Forsythe as an instructor. Both are top notch.

Brian's a great buddy too if you head up Edmonton way, or meet him at Jasper or Minnewanka sometime.

Hey Brian - doing any ice diving this year?

-S

Wow...I posted before noticing how old this thread is... Illuminatrix - I hope you found your way....

"Best" is subjective... Aquasport has a nice family feel and their own rather shallow on-site pool. Adventures in Scuba has a nice modern shop and a good on-site pool [I did my OW there...no complaints, although they are eager to sell stuff to newbies]. Not too familiar with the Dive Shop...seems like an okay facility with an on-site pool. Caribbean Dreams is fun and a touch eccentric...they do their training in the Eau Claire pool giving you lots of space to stretch out.

I think the best thing to do is check out all the operations, take a look at their facilities and talk a while with the people there. I doubt if any of them are bad...best to go with the one that you feel most comfortable with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom