Where to go in San Diego ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm headed to Las Vegas on March 16th and then gonna go over to San Diego to go do some diving. Except one thing....I don't know where to go in San Diego. Please help with any tip or location to get some good shore diving in. Will fork out some dollars to go on boat excursion too. Hey Mario I hear your from San Diego...Got some tips?

Aaron

WooHoo, you've come to the right place. E-mail me with your phone number and I'll give you all the advice you need on San Diego diving. I've done many hundreds of dives here... about 250-300 a year. Boat dives, shore dives you name it!

Hey Mario,

Out of the blue my wife says to me today, "Why don't we plan a vacation next spring to San Diego." Bonus for me -- the Yukon is a dive I vowed to do at least once in my life -- now it looks like I'll get the chance.

On the dry land side of things -- got any words of wisdom on things to do with kids (5 and 7 by then) in greater San Diego? I've heard of the zoo of course, but am interested in a local's perspective.

Thanks!

Hi Large_Diver,

There is so much to do in San Diego, even on dry land.

1) The zoo or the wild animal park is a must do. From a local's stand point, I would say the zoo. You will even get to see the Panda's on loan from China and the baby Panda that was born at the San Diego Zoo in 1998.

2) Scripps Institute's Birch Aquarium

3) SeaWorld, of course.

SeaWorld and the Zoo can easily be a full day each. The aquarium could probably be a good half day trip.

You can also find a lot of additional information About San Diego by clicking here.

Cheers,

Large Diver, Looks like LadyDiver covered all the bases. Two more suggestions would be a trip to LegoLand (a must for a 5 & 7 yr old) and playing around in tide pools around LaJolla after you visit the tide pools at Sea World. Once they know what they should be looking for, kids have a tremendous amount of fun scavanging the tide pools.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom