Where to go in September/October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bali is the best place for diving in september. I was diving in Bali with my family and see sunfish in Nusa Penida island last year. I will come again in August to see sunfish (Mola-Mola). sunfish season only during July until September every year. Check the video http://youtu.be/_L8_Wwsqr7Y

Thanks everyone. I've decided to go to Palau. Very excited!

I really want to see the sunfish so am going to hold off on Bali until I'm an advance diver.

Thanks everyone. I've decided to go to Palau. Very excited!

I really want to see the sunfish so am going to hold off on Bali until I'm an advance diver.

Between Bali and Palau my impression was that Palau had the more advanced diving (mainly due to currents and depth). Crystal Bay (Bali dive site for Mola Mola) was a little cold and the Mola Mola can be somewhat deep but there wasn't much in the way of currents and it didn't strike me as a particularly advanced site (maybe I was lucky though). There seemed to be a lot of beginner divers at Crystal Bay.

In terms of the quality of the diving they were both very good but Palau was better.

Bali on Vimeo
Palau on Vimeo

Sorry robint but that is a little bit of a mis-characterization. Not all diving in Fiji is drift diving. There are many dive sites in Fiji at are not only not drift dives, but that are well suited for beginners. Where I am going there are both...actually more easy dives than drift and yet very very good dives. Not all diving in Fiji is Great White Wall diving.

Totally agree. We have dived Bligh Water and Astrolabe Reef ( over 40 dives) and have only experienced strong current twice. Fiji has some awesome diving, mostly with no or little current

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom