Where to 'practise' in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<snip>
Would daytrips to 'Phi Phi Island/shark point'(3 dives) and 'Raja Yai/Noi'(3 dives) be too difficult for a novice like myself or am I worrying about this too much?
No, not too difficult. Quite a few DC's even take DSD's to Phi Phi from Phuket. Now that is IMO too difficult and asking for problems, but for certified divers with a good DM, no problem at all.

Agree on Racha - StevenL booked a DSD for a friend who was a not certified who I was travelling with a few years ago. They loved it, had a great time and I was actually enjoying pottering around too until attacked by a mongrel triggerfish.

@lovelaos: thumbs up for even being aware that you need to practice buoyancy!

@MikkelBC: It is becoming an obsession of mine to perfect this art. I go through a tank of air in world record time and need to control my breathing better. I will be finishing my AOW course in Pattaya and doing the peak performance buoyancy as an extra before heading down to Phuket.
Now, the only problem is deciding which daytrips to do in Phuket and which DC to go with.

@MikkelBC: It is becoming an obsession of mine to perfect this art. I go through a tank of air in world record time and need to control my breathing better. I will be finishing my AOW course in Pattaya and doing the peak performance buoyancy as an extra before heading down to Phuket.
Now, the only problem is deciding which daytrips to do in Phuket and which DC to go with.
The main thing is not to get obsessed with your breathing. The best dives with the best air consumption you'll have when you're relaxed, and that includes not thinking about air consumption.

True enough, but you can fly to Samui & Chumphon from BKK & take taxi & ferry from there, I think there is golf on samui & chumphon...

Back
Top Bottom