Where to service my Mares reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm preparing for an upcoming dive trip and need to service my Mares MR22 Abyss reg (2004). I'm not aware of any quality local shop to use. Do you recommend a local dive shop or online shop to service this regulator?

I am in the San Jose, CA 95118 zip code area.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks, but my personal experience, after spending multiple grands there, is that Diver Dans has awful customer service, besides their turnaround time for reg service is very long and haven't always stood behind their work. The last two issues are aggravated by the first issue. I work relatively nearby but rather ship it to another state before using them again. Thus my question... where else to take it?

Many thanks again Diversteve. I'm leaning that direction.

It's unfortunate to have such harsh opinion of DD's but I have made attempts to use them and just feel it doesn't have to be that kind of experience. It's not the prices.

Hi Shasta Man:

You have several options in our area.

Blue Water Aquatics (Homestead & Lawrence - right in front of Kaiser Hospital)
Diver Dan's (El Camino Real & San Tomas Expressway)
Pacific Coast Scuba (Morgan Hill)

If Ernie Bourne still services the equipment at Pacific Coast Scuba, then I would head over there. He ran Pacific Offshore Divers for many years before closing the shop. He serviced several Mares regulators that I owned at the time (MR12DFC Navy and V16 Orbiter). Regulators never malfunctioned and always breathed nicely.

O.

Thanks all. I live near Morgan Hill, so I ended up over at Pacific Scuba. We'll see how it works out. Good to know about Blue Water Aquatics, too. I didn't see them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom