Where to start training? Club or course??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastanley

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am a 31 year old guy from Ireland who is about to start diving. I am in touch with some organisations and clubs and I am getting different advice everywhere I turn. Some people suggest I join a club and get CFT/CMAS qualifications and enjoy the social aspect of being a club member. It costs €300 to join the club. Others say I should do my PADI OWD Course first which costs €600 and then join a club. Is there any opinions on this? Thank you esteemed divers!

if you are going to join the club and know they will be starting a training session - go for it.

If they are not - then do OWD (or even AOW - if most of the dive sites are more than 20m) and join the club.

Nothing beats a club. The only thing is training tends be in patches and not as regular as commercial venues - for obvious reasons.

Whatever gets you diving and under the water first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom