Where to stay and dive in St Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jenni7a

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi my name is Jenni and I am relatively a new diver. I am trying to plan a family trip with my parents (who are also new to diving) to either St. Croix or Belize.
I have been diving in Turks and the Grand Cayman. We loved the large sea life in Grand Cay and also the abundance of swim throughs.
If anyone could help me locate a great place to stay and dive would really appreciate it.
This is the first time i am planning a dive vacation on my own and any help would really help!
Thanks in advance!
Jenni

Call Cane Bay Dive Shop located on Cane Bay, the best diving on island. You can do beach or boat diving right there...the wall is a short swim out, but there is lots of beautiful shallow stuff in between. They have rental units available right on the property, or they can offer a package at local hotels or resorts. 1-800-338-3843. canebay@viaccess.net.

There is also a LOT of other diving around St. Croix rather than just swimming out at Cane Bay. Long Reef is the second longest barrier reef in the Caribbean and it's what protects the town of Christiansted where you'll find a lot of hotels and condominiums, restaurants, and things to do. Salt River Canyon is an excellent wall dive (actually 5 different sites) that are not accessible from shore, only by boat. And Frederiksted, the west end of the island has a set of 5 shipwrecks within about 100 yards of each other, some gorgeous reefs and the famous Frederiksted Pier (an excellent dive day or night). No matter which dive shop you choose you'll have a great time diving. Check out Trip Advisor where you'll find reviews of just about all of them.

We did Cane Bay. Our divemaster was excellent -- he even found my prescription mask after a wave knocked if off my head as we were coming ashore! But the water was very choppy that day, so we were limited on what we could see. My complaint was, my kids and I went to dive, and my wife came with to snorkel. After the 4 of us paid, and took a bus over to Cane Bay, we were THEN told that the snorkeling would be unsafe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom